Seats from Overseas

zeroxs650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the companies that are from Thailand and China that sell seats for the Yamaha XS650's on Ebay?

There are a few threads here about the topic with posters claiming they pulled the trigger, but all the threads seem to die off without many (or any) pics.

I looked at them as well, and just decided to pull the trigger on the Counter Balance Cycles seat instead. It barely costs more and the bracket-chopping-fabbing involved in mounting it actually seems to be less than I had expected now that I have it mocked up on the bike.

Where's your pic ???????????????

Scott

One thing lead to another ... dry rotted tires ... frozen calipers ... etc. All of a sudden the bike has no wheels, no seat, no charging system.

This weekend should bring some process and I'll try to snap a pic. Basically the only thing I have removed so far is the bracket that looks like it was once used to lock the seat in the open position and the new seat sits pretty flat on the frame.

Last edited:
I just received a new repop seat from Yambits in the UK and it is top notch. It was probably made by the same Asian supplier as what you see on eBay, but bolt on fit was perfect and shipping from UK to Canada was less than a week.

This is the small amount of grinding I did. The 3 small spots are from where the bracket that let the stock seat lock in the open position used to be. The long mark is just to reduce the "hump" that is there.

The pic with the seat is with nothing holding it down. Once you get a clamp on there, it will sit snugger to the frame.

Attachments

• P1340127.jpg
    P1340127.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 285
  • P1340130.jpg
    P1340130.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 323
The other day after riding, I found the seat pan cracked at the rear hinge attachment point. I have ridden only about 500 miles since install. Needless to say, I'm not to pleased with this. I'm thinking about seeing if a local upholstery guy can put the foam and cover on an OE seat pan. john

Back