UK PRICING MADNESS XS650

Adamc

XS650 MEDDLER
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot get over the prices our American cousins can pick up XS650's for.
Yes it was a popular machine in the USA so lot of bikes to choose from.
Here in the UK prices of XS650 bikes whatever the condition are absurd.
Look at this nicely created tracker on fleaBay this week.

XS12K1.PNG

XS12K2.PNG

XS12K4.PNG

Now it didn't sell; but it a cheeky amount to ask. I dont think this machine is anywhere near as well specified as my Taffy tracker; but thats just my opinion.
At the other end of the scale is this XS650 project. Its an early bike with a miss-mash of parts.

XS PROJECT1.PNG

XS PROJECT2.PNG

If the frame and engine numbers match; it could be a valuable restoration. But £1,695.00 of the kings finest coins! You're 'havin a laugh my old china.*
It would cost in excess of £5k big ones to restore to as new; and maybe for an early model it might be worth it.
*China = China Plate = Cockney rhyming slang for 'Mate'

Considering you can pick up a decent Yamaha R1 Superbike for £3k; UK classic prices are crazy!

Ads.:devil:

Are you familiar with a fella in the UK by the company name of "Summerbud"? He builds his own style of Street Trackers from XS650's.

He also loads up lots and lots of broken down Japanese motorcycles from the U.S. into shipping containers for import and re-sell in the UK.

Seems to be doing a great amount of business....I dont know how his prices are on scale with the rest of your market though?

Yup there's several local shops that do nothing but buy up used bikes and ship them overseas by the container load.
If they were't doing that we could probably buy XS650's for $100

I've seen these bike on the 'bay also....I was browsing for engines,which are rising too,and came across them...

The reworked bike is nice but 12k??....its the same for other brands where people stick a flat seat on top,dropped bars and wrapped exhausts and sell it as a unique cafe racer!!

As for that project bike,does it come with a Brough Superior in bits??

Are you familiar with a fella in the UK by the company name of "Summerbud"? He builds his own style of Street Trackers from XS650's.

He also loads up lots and lots of broken down Japanese motorcycles from the U.S. into shipping containers for import and re-sell in the UK.

Seems to be doing a great amount of business....I dont know how his prices are on scale with the rest of your market though?
Hi @Vincenthdfan
yes Summerbund sell regularly on eBay.
£7,000 is the normal average price for one of their lightly modded bikes.
They are nice machines, but pretty unremarkable on the modding front compared to some of the trackers on this forum.

I don't believe he ever get 12 000 Pounds for that
it is a tuned bored rephased 50 year old Machine ,.It can be a half ass job inside . Impossible to know
Someone pays 4000 --6000 . But not me. To high risk not getting very far.

Back