Wanted - Set of Mag Wheels

zeroxs650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am in need of a set of mag wheels for my 1977 XS650, I believe they came on later model Specials. I would need the front to be disc and the rear to be drum. I would trade my stock spoke wheel set or if prefer to sell please PM me on your best price.
Thanks

I have a set from my 1979 Special I am looking to part with.
Best part is I live like 40 miles from you.
Message me if interested.

I will include the rotors and sprocket too, and the tires,, which could probably be used.
I would be even into a trade if you have something I need or want.

I purchased a front wheel, I am still in need of a rear mag wheel, drum brake. Please PM me your best price and shipping to 17522.

I also have a 1977 XS650 with wire wheels. What is the benefit up changing to mags? What size are the standard wheels, are they both 18"? Lastly, are the mags, tubeless?

Art

No Benefit other than looks. All front wheels were 19 inch, rears came in 18 or 16 inch, depending on the year. And while you might could run tubeless, they were designed with tubes.

I also have a 1977 XS650 with wire wheels. What is the benefit up changing to mags? What size are the standard wheels, are they both 18"? Lastly, are the mags, tubeless?

Art

Hi Art,
the benefits are that mags are a lot easier to clean and if they have a stamped legend on a spoke web that says so, they'll run tubeless.
XS650 Standards run 19" front & 18" rear wire wheels with chromed steel, deep groove aluminum or plain aluminum rim styles.
XS650 Specials run 19" front & 16" rear 7-spoke cast aluminum wheels or chrome steel rim megaspoke wire wheels.
& BTW, all the wheels swap between models no problem.

Back