Side car???????????

oldcoal

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now to get into the crazy. So I want to do a double side car. I want to be able to lean into a curve so some sort of sock or such and also have one side for a person and the other side for things like dog food etc. I have it in my mid but do you think it can be done?? Plus easy 3 or so pins and off again

So now to get into the crazy. So I want to do a double side car. I want to be able to lean into a curve so some sort of sock or such and also have one side for a person and the other side for things like dog food etc. I have it in my mid but do you think it can be done?? Plus easy 3 or so pins and off again

Hi oldcoal,
you mean a Flexit?
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FlexitSidecarOwnersGroup/info
One side only, real neat but they are extremely rare and cost the earth.
Or Ghost Wheels?
Both sides of the bike but no passenger or luggage carrying capacity.
Betcha it ain't cheap neither.
A double rig with an ordinary sidecar on both sides would be way too wide to be practical.
OTOH a used Velorex or Sputnik or Cozy or Spirit Eagle sidecar would work with an XS650, are quite affordable and not too difficult to attach.
Fit a 38T rear sprocket and the rig could pull a small trailer to haul the dog food in.
And don't bother with making it QD.
Once you realize how handy a sidecar is, plus being a serious chick magnet, you won't want to take it off.

Seems like quite a task to setup a double sidecar, let alone a double Flexit. I setup my first rig in June this year and have been running it quite a bit. Just a typical sidecar setup is almost as wide as a small car, I agree with Fredintoon that a double may be too wide to be practical.

Also, you might be surprised what you can fit behind the seat of a typical sidecar tub. I just put a 30lb bag of dog food + other various groceries in mine yesterday and with a good sturdy rack on back you could strap just about anything.

815FE9FB-A0FE-4817-BE5D-EA13791F1891_zps5vzthtl5.jpg

30046B72-8D2B-4998-B336-CBCC076D4EC9_zpsoait1owr.jpg

Well #1 I would not buy one I would build it may self but then I have been a metal worker/welder for years. As for wide your pictures show one the would be way wider then I would have

Back