Side number plates

I bet your bike is red and white.................
tim

I use MAIER ,spelling may be wrong, but readily available from most bike shops through Parts Unlimited.........And my bike IS red and white.....

Tim why yes it is !!! white with a red stripe lol . The bike worked well for me I really enjoyed it what time we had to enjoy it before the cold came. Im just looking to make it my own with a set of number plates . So many people have asked about awfull awfull that I think stroker mcgurk will never die .

Hows the new bike coming

I too use Maier number plates. Dennis Kirk sells them. The slanted plate was made from powder coated .065 aluminium sign material available at most sign shops. Your right about Stroker McGurk. I had the pleasure of meeting Tom Medley at the Go Kart races at Quincy IL in 2010.
XS`s 019.JPG XS`s 006.JPG XS650 TRACKER 008-001.JPG Quincy 2010 086.JPG

Hey Dan, work on the new bike is coming along well , I think the side plates will be a great addition to your bike. They will give it more of a "competition" look. I will be watching for your future updates.
Halfmile---I'm jealous of the fact that you actually met Tom Medley. I loved his work since mid 1950's in Hot Rod magazine.
tim

Thanks Halfmile I love the pictures great looking bikes .Love the side plates . Tim never know I may want to add a Bobber to my fleet keep me in mind if you ever get tried of that beautiful Bobber you have.

Your number one on the list.......

I too use Maier number plates. Dennis Kirk sells them. The slanted plate was made from powder coated .065 aluminium sign material available at most sign shops. Your right about Stroker McGurk. I had the pleasure of meeting Tom Medley at the Go Kart races at Quincy IL in 2010.
View attachment 130520 View attachment 130522 View attachment 130523 View attachment 130524

Hi halfmile,
those photos show ellipse, parallelogram and rectangle shapes and none of them look quite right to me.
If they were mine to do I'd make 'em trapezoidal to keep the look of the stock sidecovers.

The Tracker and Scrambler are a little too far gone for that stock look but that`s not a bad idea at all to use on a mild street build. Would look good with a triple tuning fork decal or a script Yamaha logo on a tank decal delete bike. Good idea.:thumbsup:

Back