Blank slate... yet another XS Project.

radxs650

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I brought this home ta-day. A fellow North of here had this for sale and I just could not resist. Initial numbers tells me that it is a '77D model but I'll verify when I read the engine number.

Not really certain what I will do with it yet, I'll sit in the garage and do some serious looking to try to figure it out.
Prolly Street Tracker-ish rig...

xn6NAU.jpg

dQgwMe.jpg

A Triumph that I have long liked the look of...

Y1vQxP.jpg

Is what you're showing all you got? If so, you've got some parts scrounging to do, lol. The Standards are wonderful bikes so I'd consider doing your basic resto-mod. Stock looking but with all the little updates and upgrades we do. That would include a TX750 swingarm and a slightly smaller Yamaha front MC. I'd also drill the disc and Minton mod the forks. For carbs, I'd look for a '76-'79 set of BS38s (linked) or '80-'81 BS34s (pull knob choke). I'd also be looking for Standard bodywork - fenders, tank, side covers, and seat. A Special front fender is fine though. That's what I have on mine and I like the look.

I brought this home ta-day. A fellow North of here had this for sale and I just could not resist. Initial numbers tells me that it is a '77D model but I'll verify when I read the engine number.

Not really certain what I will do with it yet, I'll sit in the garage and do some serious looking to try to figure it out.
Prolly Street Tracker-ish
👍 👍👍 on the street tracker idea using that Triumph as a model! We'd appreciate a build thread of course...

Bare Bones !
Sometimes “the plan” project takes shape as parts appear mid project
😃
Start at the frame pivots, let it all happen from there.

Attachments

• _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_XS650_20210429_190556.jpeg
    _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_XS650_20210429_190556.jpeg
    545.6 KB · Views: 41
Engine and Frame numbers match - 447-703318 and the list in the Tech area here state that it is a "D" US model, 76-77.

The build date of 8/76 one would probably think that this is a 1977 Model Year...? Correct...?

Cheers,
Rob

Did you get a title or is that something that’s not an issue in your area?

No title and the State of Maine does not require one for vehicles twenty-five (25) years and older. In fact, they refuse to issue one when requested.

Long story made short, I needed one for a 1984 Guzzi that was sold to a fellow in Cananda and sent the funds in to the state with the Application for Title and they sent it back with my check. Will not issue one, Period. I needed the title for the shipper, he wanted to ensure that the thing was legit before crossing the border.

I was able to obtain a former registration and that seemed to suffice. :rolleyes:

Prolly Street Tracker-ish rig...

xn6NAU.jpg

dQgwMe.jpg

A Triumph that I have long liked the look of...

Y1vQxP.jpg
I like the tracker too.:thumbsup: It looks like a Richard Pollock build with the single down tube and box swingarm. Probably a $15K build.

Back