Spark Plug wires and caps

tbone1980

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place that carries spark plug wires and caps that I can buy locally? I live in western NY. I just had an order come in from Mikesxs but I forgot to get the wires and caps with that order and I really don't want to have to pay for shipping on those items. Thanks for your help.

Any local motorcycle shop can get you the NGK caps if they don't already have them on the shelf. For wire, you can use auto stuff, just get the solid metal or wire core type, not the resistor stuff. Personally, I use wire from the silicone kits made for VW Beetles.

+1 on the auto parts store stuff for the wires. I just grab a couple of 3 footers, cut the ends off and thread onto the coil and the caps.

J

So you go to a autozone or advanced auto sort of place and ask for some 3 foot cooper filled wires? I think I can handle that. When I looked on-line at those places they only showed whole wiring sets so I was wondering if they actually sold the individual wires. Do you think I could use the ngk old caps from my old ignition with the new wires? The only reason i am replacing the old ignition was that one of the wires had been patched with electrical tape and it was the kind of ignition that you couldn't replace the wires on. Thanks again.

Back