Specs for coil in Hugh's Hand Built complete CDI system.

I have been caught out by CDI ignitions, thinking they were not working when I could not see the spark outside on a sunny day. CDI's have a needle fine spark that is difficult to see. This may not be your problem but try turning the lights off in your workshop.
The kill switch usually closes to ground, on some cheap ones the button can sometimes cock over and not open properly when released as well.

I have run mine for a couple hundred miles now and it’s working tiptop. If you’re getting no spark I would think it might be in the kill switch relay.
Is the battery in good condition, and can that be ruled out?

I do have a CDi from Hugh, it is getting spark. it runs great actually. but the stator looks like... the picture below. I am trying to figure out why it's overheating. all the new connections I made look good. I have torn apart the entire wiring loom and found some non-factory connections in the grounds, they are soldered but they look a little crappy and covered in gooey tape. I understand that the readings are reasonable for a coil, but they are not within the original Speck in Hugh's manual
I only ran the bike long enough to dial in the timing and take a short test ride. in the process I thought I may have done some damage to the coil, and possibly the stator.

Just wondering, how does our stator look today? have you run into any issues since you last posted?
i just recently had my hhb cdi stator fry out on me and wondering if it was a fluke or bad grounding.

Back