springer on mags???

hey bud, i think a little more details are needed to know what you want to do. so your looking at 1st, adapting a harley springer to your stock 80 neck, or buying the tc bros set up? after that we gotta figure out braking and axle set up. braking should be pretty easy. fab/ or modify a mount, make spacers and space the caliper over the rotor correctly. the axle is what im not sure about. if the rockers are set up for harley axles, can we change the bearings in the wheel to run a harley axle? Or, make new rockers, or sleeve the yammie axle to fit the harley holes (if the yammie axle is smaller, i dont know the o.d. of the yammie axle). to run a harley wheel with my stock honda front forks we have to get the honda axle turned down leaving a 2 inch section at original size on one end for speedo and mounting / securing the left fork. the other fork side some people uss a collar over the end of the axle to shim it and secure it to that fork. i'll show you what i mean when i see you. I think the yammie set up will be pretty easy.

I am actually in the process of mounting a springer on my '73 XS hardtail and I just opted to swap out the traditional spoked rims for a set of mags. I replaced the factory loose bearings with a set of tapered roller bearings. I was told that was the way to go and it seems to be a lot stronger and they fit the springer better. As far as the axle is concerned you will need to cut it down to fit the narrower front end. You should avoid cutting off the factory threads and instead take your axle and drill out the head (the end opposite the nut) and then slide the head down the shaft to get your desired length. Once you have done this you can weld the head in place and cut off the excess axle.

Back