suggested head rebuilder request

ibahillbilly

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
'73 top end needs a rebuild and i prefer a pro rebuild....any suggestions on who to have this work completed?

Most any good machine shop can do a valve job. Look in your phone book.

travis, i live in victoria tx....really not any "trusted" machine shops here so i don't mind sending head to a specialty shop who can handle all of work needed, especially one who does many TX650s. thanks for the reply

What are you rebuilding ????
Guides bigger valves deck head????
Almost any machine shop can handle that. I would walk in with the head get all the new parts you want to install because everyone says they can do a head and if they are in driving distance you are better off because if there is a mistake you are in there face not emailing back and forth. I have had problems in the past with GOOD places that say they know what they are doing and got bad work from them. So now i only use people i can deal with face to face with BOREING and any HEAD WORK. I am redoing a motor now with new bore and pistons got 800 miles and past oil plus scored up pistons like it had 25,000 miles on it. 800 miles inside of pistons look perfect BAD BORE. Dial indacater all over the place in the cyl.

Attachments

• pistons.JPG
    pistons.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 62
Try johnson cycles sports in fort worth texas 817 294 9671 This guy has done some work for me and does a great job and is quick. Another guy you can call is Chris at Limeybikes in Austin Super cool guy. If he can't do the work he can recommend someone. He speacializes in xs650's so he is probably the best person for the job. His contact information is on limeybikes.com. He may have a head instock ready to go depending on what you need.

Back