tall request ?????

gravelman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
hi guys joe here i got kinda of a tall requst here iam thinking.i got a 72 xs2 the red with white tank stripes and my paint is actually quite good few minor blemishes but nothing serious but iam going to be restoring the bike and i think iam actually going purist heaven forbid lol anyways my question is any chance anyone knows if the factory white tank stripes are available from any one and also the original paint i know i can have the original paint camarad for match but would prefer the original so if any one knows of any contacts for this matter would love to hear from u oh and also any sources for original factory workshop manauls thanks for listening guys joe

The originals were painted. The tanks with red and white were both pearl colours. First a Silver Pearl Basecoat was laid, then the Brilliant Red Pearl and White Pearl Topcoat colours followed by Clear. Original paint and recipes aren't available. Lubritech used to produce aftermarket matched paint (never quite right) but they don't exist any more. You can sometimes find 16oz spraycans but you need to open them as the propellent has leaked out.

+1 early tanks have painted stripes. I just stripped the paint off a red one.

Fleabay for manuals I snagged an XS1b manual last year. put in a search and get emails they come up now and then reasonable (kinda).

thank u all for the great info now that i know there hand painted iam not gona touch it because like i said it only had few blemishes very minor for a bike that age so thanks once again u guys are great with ur help joe

There is one for sale here in Australia, on XS650 Club notice board. Maybe he can help you with some info? At least here are some photos to go by.

DSCN1067.JPG

DSCN1066.JPG

DSCN1065.JPG

DSCN1064.JPG

For Sale (26/6/11) Club Member

XS2 for sale matching frame/engine, very clean/tidy bike located Southeast Qld. History of this bike available for anyone interested. $6900.00 neg. (a few extras pieces included) email di.gregvivash@bigpond.com for more details.

There is one for sale here in Australia

Back