tatoos

trimming has to be one of the hardest jobs in building a house.you have to take everybody elses work and make it look good!
Thankyou:thumbsup:

hey but that's why they call it rough framing.
it's not called finished framing for a reason.
about the best a finish carpenter can hope for these days is plumb hinge sides on door jacks, if both sides are plumb scratch your head.

Rusty it seems we have brothers in arms.........maybe even brothers with non-tatooed arms.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have a tattoo and my daughter has a few. My advice, make it mean something to you not just a picture out of a book. My tattoo is on my left wrist and it is the size of a business card, it is a checkered flag that flows into a hot rod flame. I designed it to honor my father who was a real hot-rodder in the 40's. He had a '32 ford coupe and a '36 Knuckle head. (In 1957 he had another knuckle head but that's another story.)

My daughter also has our last name, as signed by my father. He passed in 2001 and I used copies of his signature for the artist to recreate. Me, my son and my daughter will all get our family crest sometime this summer.

My two cents, get a good artist and design something that is important to you.

Couldn't agree more, 80% of my tattoos were done behind Prison walls. And not a damn one of them mean anything to me. I love tattoos but wish I would have put more thought behind them.

Framing is framing. Door openings don't have to be plumb or square, as long as it is wide enough. It is the Jams that make the opening good or bad doesn't matter what timber you use.

Just booked my next tat. Getting my right forearm done. Already have my left calf done.

photo_zps045a25c8.jpg

The above pictured is a syringe constructed out of a engines cylinder. Piston, connecting rod, spark plug. I designed this myself as I am a car nut and a type 1 diabetic.

My next is going to be something more specific. Just a spark plug with a skull just above he hex. Going to be done within the next week or two. I'll post pics when complete.

Just booked my next tat. Getting my right forearm done. Already have my left calf done.

photo_zps045a25c8.jpg

The above pictured is a syringe constructed out of a engines cylinder. Piston, connecting rod, spark plug. I designed this myself as I am a car nut and a type 1 diabetic.

My next is going to be something more specific. Just a spark plug with a skull just above he hex. Going to be done within the next week or two. I'll post pics when complete.

That's original bro!

Just got this tat a couple months back. It's an old George Petty pin up from the 40's. The guy did a good job on the body but I gotta get the bitch's face touched up. He got a little heavy on the eyes and lips.

Attachments

• IMAG0238.jpg
    IMAG0238.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 258
Tried to take pics of my tatty but its hard to do need my wife to take pics but you can see some in my albums that's a good cover up you got Josh my buddy did all mine at a local pub after a few hours of playing pool

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 214
Just got this tat a couple months back. It's an old George Petty pin up from the 40's. The guy did a good job on the body but I gotta get the bitch's face touched up. He got a little heavy on the eyes and lips.
That looks like the Joker (from Batman) in drag . All my tattoos "mean", is that I was drunk, had money left and was near a tattoo parlor .

I used to frame, worked for a Dutch guy that built houses on spec (build them and sell them ) we built them from the ground up ( from the footings to the shingles and everything in between ) so our framing was the straightest I ever saw . Made trimming much easier . ,

Tats are like women you want as many as you can.
I owned a TATOO Shop in New Jersey for 10 years with one of my partners and we made good money but I got to say 60% of the people that come in have no idea of what they want and its there for a long time unless you can find a good cover up guy.
I had people pass out-throw up-pee themselves-and a couple girls live some nasty on the chair. It was a experience. We also pierced for a couple years too but I was always having to go to court for bullshit. We were in a resort town and would tell people come back when you are ready to leave because you can't go on the beach-cant go in the pool- cant drink if you got a mouth piercing . But nobody pays attention NAH!!!
Had one girl do a piercing and go out and drink and almost died . Her face blew up like a balloon. Had many people go into salt water with new TaT and ink raised big time. So if you ever get one pay attention or you may live with a BLOB of ink on your body..
GOODGOLLY
Was same shop that did girl do cover up. Second TAT looks much cleaner.

No, actually it was a different shop. Funny thing is the guy that did the girl tat I met because he did a very nice piece on my wife's shoulder. I was impressed and showed him the pin-up girl. He said it would be no problem so I went with it. Well, needless to say it didn't work out, but the good news is after 7 tats that I have gotten this is the first I was unhappy with. At least it turned out good in the end.

One time I sat down beside a guy covered with tattoos. Trying to make conversation, I said I'd like to get a tattoo, but I don't know what to get a tattoo of. He said are you smarter than you were ten years ago? I pondered for some time and said yes. Then he said will you be smarter in ten years than you are now? I took it to mean he got his tattoos ten years ago...

Back