Tech7 has a GS?

gordonscott

XS650exhaust.com
Reaction score
" I had that problem with my GS. The pilot jets were too big. Went down a couple and was all set. Hope this helps. " Seen that in Kents post, didn't want to hijack :D Tell us about your GS? I just bought a stock "81" and have some parts I'm putting on it :devil: I've got a gixxer front end, Bandit 1200 swingarm with 190 rear tire, and all 3piston calipers. It's all easy swap bolt-on with just a little fab here and there. Had to make rear shock mounts on swingarm. Is yours stock? Bike shown is my friends and he figured out all the parts to swap. Share please :cheers:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey Gordon! Yup, I have a GS, but just a baby. It's a 1980 GS 450E that I bought last year for $500 on a whim. You see, it's the same model I had for my first bike at 16. (almost, my first was the rare "S") The bikes still just as fun as I remember. Friggin' blast to ride. Actually, it's how I got turned on to the XS650"s. Turns out that my GS has BS34's, like later xs's.(still trying to dial those in) Well, I was Googling carb parts, and one thing led to another ... and you know how it goes. Trying to decide on what to do with it now. Really could use a stronger fork and a wider rear tire, which would require a wider swingarm. I love its' lines though. Most like the fuel tank for its' resemblance to a Norton Manx. We'll see.

Hey Gordon, pics uploaded finally. You can see that narrow rear wheel. I removed half the factory rear fender, added the cheapo quarter fairing, recovered the seat. Cheap stuff. Winters coming and I need a new project.

Attachments

• rsz_bikes_027.jpg
    rsz_bikes_027.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 110
  • bikes 028.jpg
    bikes 028.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 90
Super nice! They don't come much cleaner then that :wink2: I will admit right here and now that this style bike hits home with me in a big way. I love the pre-super bikes, having grown up with the CB,KZ,H2 and so on. Cafe racers too the "Mad Max" Kawasaki's was my full time obsession when young, Dunstall, Rickman, Tracy was all I wanted in a bike. My neighbor was from London and was a real "ton-up" 59 club guy. He turned me on to that scene when I was only 10 or so. He told me to go Britt and forget about that "jap crap" but hey I was young and had no $$$$, besides there was something about the sound of a inline 4 that got my heart rate up. Also an H2 tripple, sounded like a band of angry chainsaws comming down the street, got to love that sound! I HATED choppers! A bike that didn't turn or stop was useless to me, us "riceburner" guys mocked them at every chance :laugh:. Now I'm older and a little wiser and can appreciate choppers for what they are, or have become, beautiful works of art. Sure I build choppers but still love your example of bike best to ride, brings me back. I have a Buell that I've done some work on and it's a ton of fun, but looking forward to putting a leg over the GS when done. Congrats on a fine example of a great bike that brings more then a few of us back to the good ol days :bike: She really does look fantastic:thumbsup::thumbsup: Sorry for ranting :)

Ha ha. I come from the same place!. When I was still riding my XR100 at 13, the guy down the street had a 73 KZ900. I loved that bike with its' 4 into 4 pipes! When I hit high school, I so wanted a red Gpz 550. Ended up with my GS450 at 16 which led up to my final sport bike, the Ninja 750. Now I'm here, a chop and another GS450. Funny. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Back