03-27-11_1548.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 03-27-11_1549.jpg
    03-27-11_1549.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 03-27-11_1550.jpg
    03-27-11_1550.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 213
The photo on the far right....first bike? We have a Yamaha shop here in town that has been here since the mid 70s, their bone yard has a half dozen XS650s in various stages of decay. Some of them have weeds and trees growing up around them.

What a waste of good machinery.

There's a M/c shop here that used to do after hours engine blows. One was a XS(TS?) that was in almost showroom condition (except for the engine internals) that was a victim of such activity. It had a decompresser on it. I could never get them to sell it to me.

Right you are hamamatsu. From what I could see the exhaust mufflers were in nice shape. We were just passing through a small town and it was close to the main road.
I said "I'll bet" the little bride said"I hope not". Sure nuff there it was. I thought about calling them but like yall said they are PROUD of what they got.

There's a M/c shop here that used to do after hours engine blows. One was a XS(TS?) that was in almost showroom condition (except for the engine internals) that was a victim of such activity. It had a decompresser on it. I could never get them to sell it to me.

I would never spend a dime with any shop or yard that deliberately destroys good parts.

You know most yards don't care what they leave out side. If you want it you pay if not they look for the next guy. You always got to go look at something that is a total loss to begin with. Its rare to see a bone yard without bikes sitting outside. There are a few but these bikes are getting hard to fine anymore.

Ah but if they are all inside you will never know they exist on a drive by. ^^

there is an old dealer about 6 miles from me. He has three XS's in the boneyard. Most of what he has is complete junk but there's always hope of stumbling onto something good. Last time i was there I jumped a large deer that was bedded down amid several old bikes. That deer played hell hitting the fence several times then finally ran right out through the driveway.

There is a kawasaki dealer about 15 miles up 301 hwy from me that has a mothballed Triumph Bonneville, old one, setting on his showroom floor. Wants 5000.00 for it.

There's a boneyard about 30 miles south of me. He leaves most everything outside, the stuff inside is total chaos. He's cranky, difficult to deal with, his prices are outrageous. Yet, he's been there since the early 80's so someone is buying from him. But to him and others like him, the handwriting is on the wall, before the internet they were the only source. Not any more, the internet has opened up the world as sources. 15 years ago, I would have made many trips to his place to get my Heritage running. Fast forward to today, I've only made one trip and most likely not any more. Internet for everything.

Back