2012 Ford Focus wheel cover issue

jetmechmarty

Project collector
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is one of Ford's better ideas.
IMG_2883.JPG

The lug nut on the left is the OE jacketed lug nut. On the right is aftermarket. Every aftermarket lug nut I can find has the same dimensions as this one.

At issue is that I can no longer use my OE version. They've been trashed by impact wrenches at every place I may have had the car serviced. Replacement nuts are about $20 each!

I tried to use aftermarket lug nuts with washers to secure the wheel covers. No joy. I'm out of ideas. :mad:

Driving around with a missing wheel cover makes us look like grits. ("grits" for @ Raymond)

This is one of Ford's better ideas.
View attachment 251043

The lug nut on the left is the OE jacketed lug nut. On the right is aftermarket. Every aftermarket lug nut I can find has the same dimensions as this one.

At issue is that I can no longer use my OE version. They've been trashed by impact wrenches at every place I may have had the car serviced. Replacement nuts are about $20 each!

I tried to use aftermarket lug nuts with washers to secure the wheel covers. No joy. I'm out of ideas. :mad:

Driving around with a missing wheel cover makes us look like grits. ("grits" for @ Raymond)
Get some 26' wheels with contrasting LED lighting behind them. You'll be a hit in Memphis.

Get some 26' wheels with contrasting LED lighting behind them. You'll be a hit in Memphis.
I don't like to get spendy on cars. I just maintain them and mostly try not to look like trash. Well, my wife not look like trash. The car I drive to work has deer damage and a missing wheel cover.

Nearly $400 for lug nuts! Screw that!

What makes the cover not fit ? the top ?
Spotweld or epoxyglue a new top ? ..washer or so ?

So the new lug nuts just hold on the cover, or do double duty and hold rim and cover
I've seen the covers that just pop and or get kicked in place but this just seems real odd

I don't like to get spendy on cars. I just maintain them and mostly try not to look like trash. Well, my wife not look like trash. The car I drive to work has deer damage and a missing wheel cover.

Nearly $400 for lug nuts! Screw that!
I had an '07 Focus, same setup, and yeah it's a bad idea on an otherwise good car.

Amazing never heard of this place
I just typed in ford focus lug nuts on the link and shazzam
This could become my biggest time waster ever Thanks ...........................................................
I'm gonna be lookin shit up
"leave me alone honey I'm shoppin "
I buy too much from this place. Some of it is just crap, but mostly OK.

Something I owned in the past, to long ago to remember but I put a garden hose washer behind a standard lug to hold on the covers. They squish out of the way so the lug works and you can barely see them. Good luck.

And I believe the Ford Maverick is based on the Focus chassis ?
Ugggh ..

Back