to funny hurt feelings report

Too much tolerance with diversity on the rig floor gets people killed.
It takes everyhand on deck to control things. Someone slacking, not paying attention or scared to get job done is a walking time bomb. Some one will pay and steel don't forgive shit. Probably doing the person a favor. Sounds like they need a different occupation.
Life and limb trump feelings.

an attempt at motivating people that don't want to get dirty and do the physical labour part of the oil patch gone wrong. i'm the same way to anyone on my job sites. no one on the crew should have to pick up slack because doesn't want to do part of there job. i keep on them like shut up quit complaining, do your job, the works over here, and the worst of all. "get off that damn cell phone" i'm not a compleat ass but i make sure people pull there weight or get someone new

i've come close to dieing twice on the rig because of stupid stuff. people need to be doing what there supposed to when there supposed to scariest thing ever is seeing the blockes go flying by into the crown and then free fall to the floor because of a dumb ruffneck

+1 radar
I worked drilling rigs on deep high pressure holes.
We worked hard and played hard.
Fools were not suffered.

lol if i could only remember half the playing. close the bar and back in the truck at 5am. i do remember puking from the rod basket on a double triple onto the consultants truck. got:laugh: to go home and sleep it off that day

OK so I have never been within 100 miles of a working oil rig. You guys are all over slackers (fine by me I understand teamwork and dangerous jobs). But it's OK for you to come in to work all hung over and endanger your co workers and friends because you are puking sick? I call bull shit. A dangerous job is a dangerous job. Showing up ready to work is a requirement. Tell your drinking story to the family of some coworker who was hurt or killed because you had "bottle flu" and your reactions and abilities were impaired.
Yes I used to drink and yes I had an "accident" because I was hungover while driving. Lesson learned. Fortunately no one was hurt. I beg of you to rethink getting drunk the night before a work shift.

When I worked for the Govt. as a contractor, the welders where total, so called "rough necks". They bragged all day about how much they partied the night before, were tough guys 'cuz they could drink all night and go to work on only 1 hour, or less, of sleep.
One morning a "rough neck" was dumping a huge pile of plate with a front end loader. He never saw the guy in front who was supposed to be ground guiding him, the ground guide wasn't paying attention and was so glassy eyed it's wonder he even noticed his leg as it sheared off when the stack of sliding plate hit him.
Of course they do an automatic piss test anytime there is an accident, no matter how minor. The operator blew over, the ground guide, now missing a leg, was over and his supervisor (who had to test 'cuz the director said he smelled like a brewery) blew over too.
Yep, pretty tough. Not being able to support your family and pay your bills 'cuz ya got drunk and lost your job.

You can cuss me out all ya want. I have absolutely no tolerence for intoxicated people. You want to starve your brain of oxygen go ahead, I won't stop you, but you better not do it on my time. The day I stopped drinking was the day my brother-in-law had to be identified by his dental records because of a stupid nurse who was late to work, in the morning, drunk as fuck.

Radar, whoever came up with that hurt feelings report is a complete ass. If you've got a guy who's not doing his job you need to just lay down the law, tell him to pull his weight or get the hell out of there. One sentence is all it takes. Real men, gay or straight, tell it like it is and don't play games, like yourself.

I will not tolerate anyone on my crew being drunk still. What? You didn't know you were coming to work today? Go home sick. You are endangering everyone else too. We are subject to random drug and alcohol testing. If you blow over you are sent home. If I wreck my firetruck I get tested. If you are injured in the line of duty and you get tested and fail workers comp may not pay. I have been sober 26 years and there is a reason. I was a bad drunk. Members WILL pull their weight or find a different job. :shrug:

I think the Hurt Feelings Report is very funny. It just shows how stupid being Politically Correct is.
The world is not meant to be fair or nice. If you can't take the real world, get out.
Leo

Back