To have or not to have, or to complain...

xjwmx

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I recently bought a repair part and part of it was wrong. I was able to substitute a piece from the old part to make it work. But the part that had worn out, the part I really needed, worked fine.

I hesitate to tell them about it, because while on one hand it might help them improve their line, and help us all out, it might also contribute to them not carrying the item at all. I would have been in a sticker situation if it hadn't been available. It's not from Mike's by the way.

I recently bought a repair part and part of it was wrong. I was able to substitute a piece from the old part to make it work. But the part that had worn out, the part I really needed, worked fine.

I hesitate to tell them about it, because while on one hand it might help them improve their line, and help us all out, it might also contribute to them not carrying the item at all. I would have been in a sticker situation if it hadn't been available. It's not from Mike's by the way.

Ambiguous statement of the day. I say give them a shout in an attempt to help. Maybe something good will come of it:shrug:

Mr Vague.

LOL. But it's about strategy, not the part itself. I think the thing to do is let them know about it but also tell them it contains a hard to find critical part that works fine, and say whatever you do don't stop carrying it :)

Back