tracker

jefft

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I am trying to find a tank made of something other then fiberglass for my tracker. Don't like the looks of stock Yamaha. I know some guys have used tanks from old dirt bikes and such and they look the part of a tracker tank. They could be picked up pretty cheap but would probably need lined with a sealer. I think Mule has done this very thing with the use of what looks like a old DT 400 tank from years ago. What I am wondering is if anyone has used a tank from and old Honda Ascot 500. I was looking at these tanks and they seem like they would look ok on a tracker. They have a couple tits a the front of the tank just like the stock Yamaha tank and they have a bolt down hole at the rear like the stock yamaha tank. Has any one used one of these tanks or tried to?
jefft

Hmmm, Are you saying that just because they are called "Ascots" that makes their dimentions fit the XS frame?
jefft

Thanks. Yea I know the history but was really interested in whether the tank could be easily adapted to this frame or not.
jefft

I think the Ascot tank has nice lines and would look good on your tracker. The xs is pretty easy to fit up the way its made, but I have never seen the bottom or tunnel of an Ascot tank.

Ascot was a half-mile. :)

John

I gave up and decided to go with cafe style bike rather then tracker. Tanks for cafe much easier to find.
jefft

Back