XS650 Adventure Bike?

I was about to order a set before I stored my bike but thought I’ll wait until next year. They look like a really nice setup and good value too. I think for my old body, they might be a bit too far back. We’ll see how limber I feel next spring. Look great on your bike👍
I will re-orient them and mount the pegs a little behind and a little below the front "peg mount stud" on the frame. The kit is worth it just for the pegs and gearshift/brake brackets, foot levers and folding pegs. Order quick before he ups his price. Yes, this is an endorsement...

Ummmm…..pack light, some tools , ride .

See that hydro line ? Yep all the way , slow , in pasture:)
Mine spends 80% of her time on gravel roads
Recall what a “dirt bike “ looked like in 1965?
Then recall what bike Ted Simon road around the world in 1973?
Our XS’s are not much different really

Attachments

• IMG_4760.jpeg
    IMG_4760.jpeg
    657.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4750.jpeg
    IMG_4750.jpeg
    610.1 KB · Views: 47
Oh! I did do a mod , small one . I’m not running a skid plate , but put a thick leather extension on the front fender to keep the mud out of the engine
You can see it bolted on in this pic

Attachments

• IMG_4806.jpeg
    IMG_4806.jpeg
    679.5 KB · Views: 48
Oh! I did do a mod , small one . I’m not running a skid plate , but put a thick leather extension on the front fender to keep the mud out of the engine
You can see it bolted on in this pic
Nice bike. Like the "mudflap" idea. I currently have a slightly bobbed front fender (mud guard?) and was considering something with better protection. Packing will be light; Rum, toothbrush, fresh skivvies and rum for a 1 or 2 night excursion. Tank bag and small backpack only. Niether Trackers have saddle bag capability.
20230918_103124.jpg
20231001_145804[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20231001_145541[1].jpg
    20231001_145541[1].jpg
    508 KB · Views: 33
Nice bike. Like the "mudflap" idea. I currently have a slightly bobbed front fender (mud guard?) and was considering something with better protection. Packing will be light; Rum, toothbrush, fresh skivvies and rum for a 1 or 2 night excursion. Tank bag and small backpack only. Niether Trackers have saddle bag capability.View attachment 254756View attachment 254758
Those are very neat and trim machines ! I was thinking about a tracker for my next build , if you don’t mind , what tail section did you use ?

Those are very neat and trim machines ! I was thinking about a tracker for my next build , if you don’t mind , what tail section did you use ?
I am on this forum so of course I don't mind sharing anything. I acquired the blue bike mostly complete in 2021. See the thread here, the work I had to put into it to make a really nice rider. https://www.xs650.com/threads/new-to-me-xs-650.60624/ I believe it is an "Omars" item, My son Ben @Ben1 acquired his Red Tracker in Atlanta Georgia on our way to the Smokies Yamaha 650 Society rally in September. His also is reportedly an Omars item. Both bikes are 750 cc kitted.

I am on this forum so of course I don't mind sharing anything. I acquired the blue bike mostly complete in 2021. See the thread here, the work I had to put into it to make a really nice rider. https://www.xs650.com/threads/new-to-me-xs-650.60624/ I believe it is an "Omars" item, My son Ben @Ben1 acquired his Red Tracker in Atlanta Georgia on our way to the Smokies Yamaha 650 Society rally in September. His also is reportedly an Omars item. Both bikes are 750 cc kitted.
Nice ! I didn’t know Omar’s was still around , I’ll cruise on over and look around

Thanks so much !

Or a simple change of tyres, Handlebar, seat mod, beefed the swingarm and add some kneepads........looks the part.
View attachment 253570View attachment 253571

Same bike, diferent Tank ...........Add dirt

View attachment 253572
I started today. Shino trials tires similar to the 72ish DT250 are getting mounted in a local shop this week. I think I remove the tank to protect it to swap handlebars and rebuild/modify the forks. Semi rearsets are a work in progress.
17097727082025450163562044244884.jpg

Last edited:
I was about to order a set before I stored my bike but thought I’ll wait until next year. They look like a really nice setup and good value too. I think for my old body, they might be a bit too far back. We’ll see how limber I feel next spring. Look great on your bike👍
The rear sets do seem a "value" for the quality of the bits and the workmanship. I will fiddle with the mounting plates, drill new peg hole and adjust the linkage lenth.

I started today. Duro rials tires similar to the 72ish DT250 are getting mounted in a local shop this week. I think I remove the tank to protect it to swap handlebars and rebuild/modify the forks. Semi rearsets are a work in progress.View attachment 263312
I like it, but not an adventure bike. IMHO, an XS650 adventure bike should be able to go the distance on the TAT, coast to coast. As such, it has to carry luggage on dirt and gravel.

1709773809115.jpeg

These old Honda 305’s went from Mississippi to the Oregon coast on the TAT. They are qualified adventure bikes ridden by qualified adventurers.

I believe an XS650 could be great for that.

I like it, but not an adventure bike. IMHO, an XS650 adventure bike should be able to go the distance on the TAT, coast to coast. As such, it has to carry luggage on dirt and gravel.

View attachment 263313
These old Honda 305’s went from Mississippi to the Oregon coast on the TAT. They are qualified adventure bikes ridden by qualified adventurers.

I need to relabel this thread "back yard little sand box":boxing: ADVENTURE bike!

View attachment 263313

Those Hondas look like they’ve travelled a few miles…. experienced for sure! Just noticed the horns. lol

View attachment 263313

These guys are into that new kinky S and M stuff... Put them on the "registry"...:smoke:

I started today. Shino trials tires similar to the 72ish DT250 are getting mounted in a local shop this week. I think I remove the tank to protect it to swap handlebars and rebuild/modify the forks. Semi rearsets are a work in progress.View attachment 263312
I like the looks and the black stripes on the tank - is that a decal or a paint job ? If decal, where do you buy them ?

Back