Turn Signal Repair

I didn't quite go that far Peanut, but I did eliminate 3 wires from the pigtail going into the switch along with that little "plate" type thing for the self-cancelling circuit which my bike no longer has. It's a simpler harness at the end of the day and it beats paying $70 for a new one.

I was inspired by CoconutPete's success and attacked mine last night and was able to get it done. Probably the best tip is to blow on it right away. The first time I did it I let it cool down on it's own and it popped right off.
Thanks Everyone.

Glad to hear it worked out!

I was excited mine worked and was going to slap everything together and go for a ride.

Of course, the right blinkers didn't work when I did, which lead me to tear into the harness, which lead me to find another problem with the cheap Amazon blinkers I was messing with .... which lead me to wanting to relocate them to the shock mounts for some reason .... which lead me to order some brackets and new blinkers from Dime City .... which lead me to reassess the wiring harness .... which lead me to decide I was ready for a new crimper and some new connectors .... which lead to another order from Mikes ... which lead to the bike in pieces .... d@MN IT!!!

Glad to hear it worked out!

I was excited mine worked and was going to slap everything together and go for a ride.

Of course, the right blinkers didn't work when I did, which lead me to tear into the harness, which lead me to find another problem with the cheap Amazon blinkers I was messing with .... which lead me to wanting to relocate them to the shock mounts for some reason .... which lead me to order some brackets and new blinkers from Dime City .... which lead me to reassess the wiring harness .... which lead me to decide I was ready for a new crimper and some new connectors .... which lead to another order from Mikes ... which lead to the bike in pieces .... d@MN IT!!!

Guys like you keep our aftermarket sources alive, keep it up, we are all very grateful.

Scott

This is why having an old bike is always interesting!

So as I posted, I was able to successfully solder my connection and remove all the bits associated with the self cancelling circuit while I was in there.

I slapped everything back together and went for a ride yesterday. High beam selector button decided to desinegrate mid-ride. Wom wooooooomp!

Off to think of good ideas for that one!

Back