Ultra sonic cleaner from harbor freight

82xs650

Legion of Doom
Reaction score
My girlfriend got me one of those ultra sonic cleaners from harbor freight, (the 2.5 quart one). So I took the float bowls off the carbs and stuck em in there with water and sprayed a bunch of simple green in there. Holy crap, that is the most amazed I have ever been with something from harbor freight. I boiled em for two days, flipping them over because they dont fit perfectly and alternating between carb and float bowls. Threw em back on the bike and it runs awesome now. It wouldn't even idle before I did that. I ran it for about half an hour and all the backfiring went away. I wanted to burn all the crap thats grew in there since it last ran in 96. The only thing I am confused about is it will not start without starting fluid. A little squirt in each carb and it fires right up. I was running it without any type of air filter on though, maybe that is why. Will be ordering pods and all the cables when I get paid.

My girlfriend got me one of those ultra sonic cleaners from harbor freight, (the 2.5 quart one). So I took the float bowls off the carbs and stuck em in there with water and sprayed a bunch of simple green in there. Holy crap, that is the most amazed I have ever been with something from harbor freight. I boiled em for two days, flipping them over because they dont fit perfectly and alternating between carb and float bowls. Threw em back on the bike and it runs awesome now. It wouldn't even idle before I did that. I ran it for about half an hour and all the backfiring went away. I wanted to burn all the crap thats grew in there since it last ran in 96. The only thing I am confused about is it will not start without starting fluid. A little squirt in each carb and it fires right up. I was running it without any type of air filter on though, maybe that is why. Will be ordering pods and all the cables when I get paid.

If its hard to start, then its likely the choke circuit is not working. Check that the tiny jet in the bottom of the float bowl is clear.

Back