Sold / Found / Inactive - Used pair Mikuni VM34, $60 shipped CONUS.

grizld1

Grumpy old man
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I ran these carbs on an XS650 years ago, and they will perform well for a competent hand--that means someone who either knows the work or will read and learn. If you buy these, they are yours along with any problems you encounter with tuning and installation. Brass includes 1 pr. #2.0 slides, 1 pr. #2.5 slides, 6 DP1 needles (not recommended), 159-P6 needle jets (highly recommended), and 185 main jets (maybe in range depending on motor and environment). One carb is complete except for pilot jet, the other needs a float valve actuating fork and the disc that fits between the main jet and the needle jet. Both carbs need bowl gaskets and some hardware. Other extras include 1 pr. new Tour Max/ARS mounts complete with OE steel shrouds and hose clamps required to apply extra pressure for a good seal on VM34 spigots. The price is around the shipped price you could expect to pay for the ARS mounts alone. Price does not include any fee for handholding or spoon feeding services. This is a bargain for the competent and no guidance will be offered or given. Peace! IMG_0941.JPGIMG_0939.JPG

Last edited:
Folks, there'll be no price reduction, so don't wait for one. If these don't sell in a week they'll go in the recycle trug. I'm working to clear out the barn and rehome good gear, but I won't tolerate chiselers.

Hey you lanky galloot, you don't have to try to stuff yer size 14s into those shoes unless they fit! I won't suffer fools gladly, but you'll be welcome any time. But you'd better have hung and hooked up those 36 mm. pumpers on Madness if you want to leave with anything good.

Seriously, there are quite a few old items that have survived 30 years or so of poor to marginal storage in usable to decent shape, a few new bits I'll never use in the time I have left, and a whole lot of stuff that needs to go to the local reycling yard. Weirdly enough I'm feeling strong and feisty, but treatments have suppressed the immune system to zilch, so I have to isolate as much as possible; if you want to make a run to recycling after we do some sorting, whatever they pay for the metal is yours, along with anything good that you can use. Ann and I can't put you up but we can sure offer you a meal or two.

C'mon guys there has to be someone that can put these to a a better use than me!
I am seriously thinking 'bout those pumpers. Gotta get the front end on SoDak back together, so something else can go on the lift for a bit......

Griz I'll be coming past your place 'round october 9th with the van on the way back from Barber Vintage fest.

Last edited:
Gotta see what turns up as I clear the squalor and batch things. Some things were decently stored, some stayed usable even badly stored, and some just didn't survive 30-odd years of being stashed by a packrat. I managed to make a kinghell mess without even trying.

Not much exotic or especially rare, Jessee, but thanks for the supportive comment. For some stuff, what goes when depends on whether the crab backs off enough now and then to enable me to ride a bit: what if anything can I reasonably expect to need myself, and for how long? No way to answer that one with more than the wildest of WAGs.

Much will have to do with finding all an item's bits and pieces. And of course there's evaluating condition; I don't want to disappoint or sell a part that contributes to failure. And there's the question of best and highest use. I have a stash of OE 447 camshafts but I'd like to sell them very cheaply to one of our specialty speed shops who might be in need of a few cores for regrinds first, to give support.

I'll post other threads as time goes by. Hey Gary, how do I mark this one closed?

Back