Videos. Locked or dragging brakes. How to remove stuck brake caliper piston.

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
This is what I did on my 84 Goldwing. I have not tore into my Yamaha calipers yet. But I have several that need gone through. Can we discuss if this method will work for the XS's. What would need to be done differently. Or if this is way off, let me know and I will delete it,,,,lol.

I have way too much time on my hands. So after my resent stuck brake piston ordeal, I decided to make some videos.

There's 12 short videos. Not really for the seasoned pro. But it might help someone new out. If you got an extra 1/2 hour to kill, please watch.

I give credit to the guys on goldwingfacts.com for helping me through this proccess. Please let me know if there's anything I need to add or change.

I'm not too good at youtube. I got the order messed up. Just start at "Goldwing stuck brake caliper piston. Part 1". Then watch in order. 1-12. Part 12 will be at the top. Sorry.

Or if you guys think it would be better, I could post a link to each one here. Let me know.

Here's my youtube channel,,,I think. Don't forget yo watch in HD.

Pretty much wrap the caliper with a towel, and with compressed air, use a rubber tipped air blower to the air bleed, and the piston will come out. Prefered psi, 45 lbs
Honda, suzi, Kwai, Yama, most calipers are the same.

Pretty much wrap the caliper with a towel, and with compressed air, use a rubber tipped air blower to the air bleed, and the piston will come out. Prefered psi, 45 lbs
Honda, suzi, Kwai, Yama, most calipers are the same.

Hi angus,
if 45psi will move the piston it weren't hardly stuck at all.
For seriously stuck pistons, thread a grease nipple into the air bleed and pump the caliper full of grease.
The average lever action grease gun puts out at least 1,000 psi.

Back