Vm id help

savage454

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
My bike came with a set of mikuni vm round slides on them. I'm not as familiar with them as I am the stock mikunis. I looked at the post with id'ing these and didn't see anything with my markings. Do they make a 31mm vm? One carb has just 31 imprinted on the intake side and the other carb just has 3, then what looks to be a sideways D to the right and slightly higher, and an x. The only other marking is MKA by the choke plunger. Also they are both left hand carbs. The only problem I see is lifting the choke lever on the right hand one. It's too the inside. Unless theres something I don't know. Thanks

Got a pic? Don't think they made a 31mm unless it was some oddball size for a snow mobile or something.

KIMG0837_zps4sriero3.jpg

KIMG0835_zpsfk7k1jb4.jpg

This is the marking on the other carb... Although they are both left hand carbs. Hope you can see it. It's 3DX with the D slightly higher.

Try measuring the O.D. of the air filter side of the carbs. The outer diameter of a vm34 is 57mm, which is a common vm carb used of xs650's.

Sure, measure the slide OD. And post a pic of the front of the choke boss, and the float region, with float (s).

Edit: Here's the Mikuni dimensions chart.

MikuniDims.jpg

Back