Were Your Engine Mods Worth The Bother.

My XS Has A....

• Big bore kit, totally worth it.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Rephase. totally worth it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big Bore and Rephase, OMG.., or at least totally worth it.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Big Bore....meh...

• Rephase...meh...

• Big bore and Rephase....meh.

• Big Bore, not worth it.

• Rephase, not worth it.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Big Bore and Rephase, not worth it.

• Bone Stock motor like God intended.

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
Right, 150 lbs. isn't high compression. OP, you've listed mains and pilots. Now what slides, needle jets, and needles are you using and what air jet, if any, is in place?

If fuel level is a bit too high you could be getting a rich condition when fuel sloshes forward due to weight transfer under hard engine braking, and the fact that symptoms are worse on downhills is consistent with that possibility. Here's a way to check. On a downhill grade, disengage the clutch, let the motor idle, and apply the front brake firmly. If the motor stalls or rpms drop sharply, fuel level is a bit too high. Raise the float level a bit and go again. If you need to adjust float level, measure at the point on the actuator arms where they contact the horizontal pins on the floats. Don't touch the actuator tang! Make adjustments by moving the arms.

And yes, this is far off topic and belongs in another thread.

Ok Just thought I would get some opinions. Thanks for the responses. I have 2.5 slides, no air jet, 6F9 needle with velocity stack air filters(also tried pods). I also had a set of bs34 carbs that I threw on and the problem was still there. Thats sort of why I was thinking it wasn't carb related. I'll try checking the float level on the vm34s.

we could stop the responses on my question I'll try and make a new thread if the problem continues or I figure it out. It just seemed odd that the 750 kit was when the problem began all else being the same.

Back