What are you Bobber guys using for solo seats?

Johnt3

Still learning...
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to find out what everybody's using for their solo seat.
What size, make and what spring?
Just wondering, I'm thinkin' about a 650 central seat that's 1"T x 13"L x 9"W.

On my up coming build this is the style of seat my graphic design is just a bit different
full

Yeah,I know Pov76. Your work is simply awesome! Are you using your own pans?
And when are you gonna start back on your bike build?
Your Shop is still too clean man. ha ha!
What do you think of that seat from 650 central? I'm on a tight budget.

Thanks man!!! Dave at voodoo is currently making me some steel pans and ppads to my specs. They are pretty killer pieces. I can hook you up with a pan if your interested PM me. I'm waiting for the November start of this little build off we have going on here. I'm also ready to start on a drop seat weld on hardtail XS.

Posted via Mobile

James (POV76) does great work with seats. I had him make my seat and he is working on a custom P-Pad for me to match the shape of my 7Metal fender since it is a compound bend. Best thing about the seat is its not too soft and the shape is great.

IMG_0242.jpg

here is the "seat" from Grace my ACO bobber

DSCN0451_zps3b3b253c.jpg

and for the leftovers build a la rosa i got a killers deal on

0817121820.jpg

What did you use for your spring and roller?

Spring is a cut down Tractor Supply trailer spring. For the front mount, I bent up some flat to wrap around the spring so I could slide it on and then welded two tabs on top for the bolt hole. The rear is 1/4" plate with the middle cut out and 1" tube welded on top then a piece of 3/4" rod through both tubes and welded on one side.

I picked up a Biltwell saddle cheap on eBay and it's just waiting for me to start chopping. It feels solid as a rock, the pan has so many bracing ribs so it is very rigid. Plus it is heavily sculpted, so I imagine it will be comfortable.

2012-06-22_16-33-55_361_zpsdad8b062.jpg

2012-10-20_10-11-32_364.jpg

Hand made pan, sent to danny Grey for padding and covering. About $150. Had a friend tool the leather before I sent it to DG.

Back