What is this electrical part?

Nelson

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I took my XS650D with Velorex sidecar apart to restore it in 2010 or there abouts. Life got in the way... now I am back to working on it. I got the motorcycle and sidecar frames and parts back from the powder coater a few months ago. Also parts from the chromer. Ive been putting it together slowly but surely.
Right now I am working on the wiring. I have a new wiring harness from Mikes XS and would like a chart showing how to route the harness on the frame if anyone has one.
I also have a part that is still plugged into the old harness but which I can't find on my electrical diagrams.

It is black, about 2" wide x 1" thick x 1-1/2" high with a mounting tab for two screws on top. Three wires go to it. A black wire, a red wire and what appears to be a pink wire. The black wire connects to a terminal on the device that has a yellow wire emerging from the device itself and going to the black wire terminal.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Attachments

• IMG_6954.jpg
    IMG_6954.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 167
That's an aftermarket item, maybe a relay? Were dual horns mounted? I think pink is usually a horn wire.

If you look in the back of a factory shop manual, there are usually wire and cable routing drawings.

Thanks. It had aftermarket horns so you are probably correct. I've been working from my Haynes and Climer manuals. As I recall I do have an OEM Yamaha shop manual somewhere. I'll just have to spend some time searching.

Back