What the HELL !!!

OK after reviewing the wiring diagrams it seems that for some reason I strayed from the diagram and ran power from the battery to the switch to the fuse block then from a fuse to the REG / REC :banghead:. so I just removed it from the equation and ran straight from the REG / REC to the battery doing away with the fuse block hook up all together.

Checked the whole harness and for ONCE found no chafed wires so apparently was having to go thru tomany things to charge thus frying the connecter then NOT neing able to charge sufficiently.

WE shall see fixing to go for a test run as soon as I remount the tank and see how things work.

STAY TUNED !!!! :laugh:

3deuses,

That wiring diagram you used has the main fuse in the wrong place. The fuse should be from the regulator to the capacitor and fuse box. The way you show it, if the fuse blows, or just comes loose, the regulator will not have the smoothing effect from the capacitor and the voltage will go nuts, possibly even going as high as 20 Volts and frying everything.

Duely noted Pete ! I did wire everything up and VIOLA it runs great again, headlight is bright, and now turnibg off the key switch now kills the motor as well as the kill switch, which was not the case before !!!

Happy camper AGAIN !!!!

Thanks a million guys !!!!

3deuses,

That wiring diagram you used has the main fuse in the wrong place. The fuse should be from the regulator to the capacitor and fuse box. The way you show it, if the fuse blows, or just comes loose, the regulator will not have the smoothing effect from the capacitor and the voltage will go nuts, possibly even going as high as 20 Volts and frying everything.

Good catch, Pete. I'll change that ASAP.
I guess you really cant trust everything you read or see on the interwebs! Who knew?

Back