Whatever happened to this carburetor ID thread?

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.xs650.com/threads/carb-id.42896/

I just stumbled across it by accident. It looked like it was being created for the tech section as a guide.
Skull, Gary, 2M ,5Twins and Weekendrider, we’re pulling a lot of info and some really great photos together and it got lost in the dusty old archives of the laboratory section. There were nearly 100 entries in that thread.
I think you guys were doing some great archival work. It’s a shame it was never posted in the tech section.

Like all good things distractions and timing got in the way.........went through a period where i was considering bailing on the site and deleted a lot of albums and didn't partake...........decided i didn't want a couple of people, who were trying to have me banned, receive any help from a comprehensive thread as this would be............Yea kinda selfish at the time and could justify it.............then every time i looked at it i felt i didn't have the time to spend on it and could see different angles and different ideas on how to proceed.........I'm one of those guys who when starts it could be midnight before i have got 1/2 of a part done, can't do an hour here and there...........It is a massive undertaking and very time consuming.

Just that one set of carbs took days to do and setting up albums can be very problematic...........getting a tutorial in the right sequence, or pics, can be bloody frustrating............if one is out of sequence then, a whole lot have to be removed and reposed...........then you realize a page or pic has been missed and it needs to be in the beginning..............remove and start again............done that a few times.

Thanks Bob might just get me enthused again..................stop fishing around and dragging up old projects............haven't you got a bike to finish or hernia that needs healing..........

Well I’m awfully glad you decided to stay. You have always been a wealth of helpful information , plus you are the official historian here! I can certainly understand the scope of that identification thread being imposing.

And your right on both counts! I DO have an XS2 to finish and a hernia that needs healing
( which is coming along nicely btw). In the meantime I’m just hanging around here , butting into other people’s business! Haha! :D

Like all good things distractions and timing got in the way.........went through a period where i was considering bailing on the site and deleted a lot of albums and didn't partake...........decided i didn't want a couple of people, who were trying to have me banned, receive any help from a comprehensive thread as this would be............Yea kinda selfish at the time and could justify it.............then every time i looked at it i felt i didn't have the time to spend on it and could see different angles and different ideas on how to proceed.........I'm one of those guys who when starts it could be midnight before i have got 1/2 of a part done, can't do an hour here and there...........It is a massive undertaking and very time consuming.

Just that one set of carbs took days to do and setting up albums can be very problematic...........getting a tutorial in the right sequence, or pics, can be bloody frustrating............if one is out of sequence then, a whole lot have to be removed and reposed...........then you realize a page or pic has been missed and it needs to be in the beginning..............remove and start again............done that a few times.

Thanks Bob might just get me enthused again..................stop fishing around and dragging up old projects............haven't you got a bike to finish or hernia that needs healing..........

Yo Doug,

You have been an inspiration, to this this forum with your historic knowledge do not feel depressed.

You are one of the denizens of this site.

Go you good thing.

Back