Wheels, hubs

apox

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I've been scowering the web, eBay, classifieds. It's quite hard to find the components to put together a set of spoked 18 rear, 19 front wheel set. Primarily it is hard to find the hubs.. Currently I've got stock disc mags from a 1979. Any ideas? Does anyone make an aftermarket hub with the same specifications? Anyone wanna trade mags for hubs/spoked wheels? I'm stuck for ideas.. Ive thought of the harley conversion but that just sounds way to intense.

Thanks,
Rob

Look in the classified section for a guy called "Motrhedd" (you'll need to go back to about page 7). He's in WNY so not too far from you, heck you could even drive down. He bought up over 20 650s in the last few months so I'm sure he's got hubs, probably even whole wheels. If you're switching to drum on the rear, a drum swingarm makes the swap easier. He's got those too I'm sure.

How bout ggggggary he's got lots of parts he was looking to sell not sure bout hubs.

Posted via Mobile

I'd have to get the whole drum kit then and it will be a hardtail. Is it easier to switch to drum spoked? Or get a hub lace it and use my existing disc if that's even possible.

I have a set of 18/19 rear drum wheels for a 73 tx500 every thing I have read is they straight swap. I'm sure shipping to canada would be out of this world though

If anyone else can confirm this or Atleast with very minor modification I'll get you to give me a price/quote. L0R1H0 postal code

I know Omar's makes a conversion kit so you can use a front wheel on the rear. It's kinda spicy at $300 though.

stwheelprod.jpg

As per Omar's...

Dirt track bikes use 19" rear wheels - the proper look for your Street Tracker too. This kit allows you to use a 19" front wire or 19" cast wheel on the rear. This is a must on Specials with chopper-like 16" rear wheels. Kit also allows the use of a rear disc on the Standard 650s (but you'll need to steal all the brake components and swing arm from a Special to fit on a Standard). A fat tire on a narrow rim is not a problem - the tire profile is a bit taller but fits nicely inside the 650 swing arm.

Joe Carriere from St. Catherine's. ONT told us this kit works on a 78/79 SR 500 with disc rear but you'll have to make 17mm spacers. You use three stock bearings and dowel spacer but the rest is in our kit.

If your doing a hard tail, you will have to fab up mounts for what ever brake you use. If you want a spoked disc brake wheel Yamaha never made one to fit the xs650. mags = disc, spoke = drum. Except in 81 they made a mag with drum.
So what ever rear wheel you use needs brake mounts fabbed up.
There is a set of spoked wheels of a TX750 on Ebay. The same front wheel as the XS650 but the rear has a larger drum brake. Listed seperate.

Great thanks, I'll look into that. I know ill need to fab mounts for a hardtail, this larger drum, will it still fit? I'd be most likely be buying a prefab Hardtail so those are stock wheel specifications im assuming.

Rob

The TX750 wheel has the same rim just a largere hub to use a larger brake. The one on Ebay has all the parts. You just pull your wheel and brake plate roll in the 750 wheel and brake, put your axle back in. The width of the hub with spacers is the same as the xs650. A direct swap.

Back