Which carbs to buy

STVR

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I have a question I want to buy some new Mikuni's for my bike I'm tired of messing with my carbs plus they are really beat up. I own a 1975 XS650 and I'm pretty sure that I need Mikuni VM 34mm. Does any one know of a reputable place where I can get good set of carbs ata good price? I'm staying away from Mikes XS everything they have sems to be so after market that its all just made crappy. Any advice would be awesome!Thanks.:yikes:

Check out the thread on the ex500 carbs if you are up for doing some tuning yourself. Seems they are a decent and inexpensive way to go.

I don't know why the same questions keep getting asked over and over and over; maybe guys don't like the answers that have been given over and over and over and hope they'll get something they like better if they ask the question again? Or is doing a search and a little reading too much like work?

Anyway, before you get into VM carburetors, click on Tech, find the link for the VM section of the XS650 Garage Carb Guide, read it, and find out what you'll be in for. I don't know of any source apart from 650 Central that can be trusted to supply VM34's with viable baseline jetting using genuine Mikuni brass, quality mounts, cables, and filters, and a decent installation/tuning guide. You can't get something for nothing, but if you buy cheap often enough you'll find out how easy it is to get nothing for something. While you're ordering, do yourself a favor and buy a copy of the Sudco Mikuni Tuning Manual.

Back