Who all lives in the San Francisco Bay Area?

CoastsideXS650

Princeton Motor Works
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Just want to get a feel for who is located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I am currently living in San Francisco with my motorcycle workshop in Half Moon Bay.

Who lives close that rides or builds XS650s?

That is cool you are in the bay area. I haven't run across many out here. I live in the North Bay in Crockett. I am currently working on a bratstyle pro-street looking bike. We'll see how that turns out.

Coast what kind of shop do you run? Do you have parts or fab and or both? I had a pretty terrible experience today at the local harley parts guy next town over. It's all good it is just inspiration.

Its really an over-glorified garage that I call "The Shop". But I have a full set of tools, a hydraulic lift, MIG, TIG, and Oxy-Acet welding equipment. The only parts I have fabbed have been form my personal projects, nothing for sale (yet).

Sounds like an awesome garage. I just got mine myself. I have a hammer and a hacksaw. Also a couple of ratchets. I have to work on getting a place for my beer. Tired of it getting too warm.

Fauxcifica here!

Since I'm not off HWY1, it's more Daly City than anything.

Building my first XS right now, but it's taking forever since I don't have the space. The bike(s) are hanging around at the back of my cousins house and it's been such a slow build since all I have to work with is daylight.

How often are you at the shop? I'd love to see what I'm missing out on ... living in an apartment.

I'm in Tracy, about 50 miles inland, in the central valley. Bought my first XS in 73, and now I own a 79 that I've been slowly turning into a very mild cafe. It started out as a "Special", which I never really liked. Now I have clubman bars, Mikes XS 2-1 exhaust, pod filters and a "Standard" tank. I'm planning on making some mid/rear sets by using one of the universal folding peg sets that are available, and making my own mounting plates to place the footpegs near the swingarm pivot.

Good luck with your shop.

DLD1

I live in the Sierra foothills east of Sacramento, about 2 1/2 hours from S.F.
Also slowly building a mild cafe based on my trusty 1981 SH XS650. After we all get our projects up & running let's have a N-Cal XSession!

Back