Wondering about a build like this

nobalance

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi - no bike yet, but looking to jump back into motorcycling with a project - have loved yamaha's all my life (enduro's and xs's primarily). I'd love to a street tracker / scrambler but do not have the hugest budget. I love this bike. I am a complete noob and only moderately mechanically inclined - I will have garage help that is. To replicate something like this - what do you pro's think. Cost wise and intricacy - out of noob on a budget's ballpark. And I want this vibe - not necessarily to its standard. I love this bike.

http://650yamaha.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/StevenHolland004.jpg

I have a line on a 79 that runs, but is pretty rough - though very cheap. So I'm ready to get started. Thanks for looking.
nb

As far as I can tell the only aftermarket parts on that bike are extended front forks, longer rear shocks, knobby tires, handlebars, and exhaust. Judging by the license plate it's a euro bike, which is why it has dual front discs, they're a little harder to come by in this country (US).

It seems that builds take either cost or time; this one seems heavier on the cost side than the time, but still not bad.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the info - I'll post some photos if this bike I'm going to see checks out. And thanks for the welcome as well.

Yeah that looks like a good goal and fun to ride, keep it lite (and less money too) with a single drilled disk. For my tastes a little bigger mufflers would be nice but I like my neighbors.

Don't think thats an xs swing arm, not sure what it's off but definately not an xs.

If the 79 your looking at runs, has a title, the price is good, buy it. As money comes along, do a mod or two. Pretty soon your bike can look like that.

That's probably a Radian swingarm. I don't know the years they came off of, but I think they look something like that.

yea the swing arm would be the most expensive part on the bike for that build, see them on ebay. I like the look of that bike

Back