Won't run

You should have two F marks. The points time so both open between the two marks. Set the Right, upper set first, They are mounted on the full breaker plate. Then set the Left, lower set, they are on a half breaker plate.
The pin holes should be the same size. If you can't get the pin in the other hole on one end of the rod, try the other end. AS long as you get them to match. Getting them to match simplifies thing a bit.
What repair manual do you have? It will tell you the proper procedure to set the gap and timing.

The pins only fit on one side of the rod so for sure they will always line up but I checked the third pin the one behind the atu and is was gone also where the pin is saposed to connect into the back of the atu was destroyed like the pin broke the plate all up so I've orderd a new atu set up even though I only needed a plate and pin so hopefully getting that fixed will aline the points correctly? I kept checking the points over and over again but did not check behind the atu plate I think getting the atu fixed will fix the problem I'm having thank you all so far for your help I'll update you when I get the part in and on

Often what happens is a PM has had the advancer off, and didn't get the nut tight enough. If the nut is loose this lets the advancer move on the cam and hammers the notch to wide and can let the pin fall out or break the pin.
It may have never been off, but I haven't heard of one coming loose from the factory.
When you put the new advancer on there is a ridge on the nut, it goes out. There is a small pin on the advancer that gets in the way, it can be ground down. Tighten the nut with a few good whacks with a punch and hammer on as many off the notches as you can.

Oh ok cool I think the po did have it out and from what I remember the ridge was in so when I do put it back in I'll put the ridge out. There's a notch for the pin on the back of the plate I've seen but on my plate there is a huge notch but only cause the pin cracked the shit out of it

awsome she lives thank you so so much everyone for all your help ive been working on this thing since september or so and now she runs but sure does smoke alot hopefully that will stop the smoke was white if anyone can give me a reason would be cool and the exhaust that was comming out the left side was comming out where the pipe bolts on witch would make me belive its the exhaust gasket? but again thanx to all on this forum

Back