worn engine, what oil to run?

hi,, i see your in aust. as i am,,, a few years ago in orbost.. i had a stuffed 1980 gs1000e,, it rattled and groaned and when it ran you could not stay in the garage the was just smoke all over the garage ... so i went to supercheap and purchased 4lt. of shell sx4 ....its actually 20-50 fortified synthetic ,5mins after using it ...no smoke and the old guy that was in my shed ... why don,t you go and get a rwc.. now ...i said it will not make it up the road and back.. so now all i ever use on both my road bikes is shell sx4 and being fortified synth. if you are caught somewhere you can always top up with mineral without killing the motor... hope this helps you regards oldbiker

its actually 20-50 fortified synthetic ,5mins after using it ...no smoke

I can believe that. I had an old Mazda that leaked or burned quite a bit of oil. One oil change some synthetic or blend was on sale, can't recall the brand now, so I put that in, and no more oil consumption. Just to test it I switched back and forth a time or two. No oil consumption with the synthetic. Still mystified to this day :)

Back