xs 650 hartail

fink88

XS650 Member
Reaction score
looking for someone to weld up my hardtail on my 650 in upstate NY any suggestions?

Last edited:
Well, just to be clear; Rick, Vinnie, and a bunch of other guys on that show know how to weld. The Teutuls... meh, not so much.

On the other hand... Paulie does need the work... :laugh:

So you are making fun of OCC by calling them Trailer Queens when that's what they are paid to build???

Do you have any idea how much fab skills and knowledge it takes to build something like that? Yea they definetly cannot handle your hardtail.

The question is, would they even bother with it? I wouldn't even start there. If you can't find anything on the net, you might try going to some of the motorcycle dealerships in your area and ask the guys that work there if they know of any shops in the area that could handle it. :shrug:

who built the hardtail section? There's got to be someone in your area that can install it... if you bought it all put together and it fits decent then it should only cost about $100. Couple hours to prep the frame and install...... just my .02

who built the hardtail section? There's got to be someone in your area that can install it... if you bought it all put together and it fits decent then it should only cost about $100. Couple hours to prep the frame and install...... just my .02
Hey Dave! How's it going? OK gang, I know Dave personaly and will tell you he is a class act :thumbsup: If you need a hardtail or even a complete frame look this guy up. He is listed in the "shops" section of this site. He's one of the reasons I don't do custom frames for people, why bother when you have guys this good already doing it :) Hope all is well Dave, take care. Scott

I think smokenjoe was joking about OCC and PJD. I'm pretty sure they both are making enough money that they don't need to take $100 welding jobs on some random dude's XS.

Can you see it? "On the next episode of American Chopper, Vinnie and Paul Jr. weld a hardtail onto a thirty year old XS650! OCC responds by mounting apehangers on a forty year old Vespa! Will the feud continue?"

Wait... I can totally see it! :laughing:

Just find some one who will jig it and get it straight. The welding is not that hard, getting it and keeping it straight is the trick.

Back