Xs vs xj

By the way.. Welcome to the site.

XJ's aren't bad bikes. They are smooth and fast. Inline 4's so more carbs to work on and mess with.. The 550 is chain drive. The 650 and 750 are shaft so not popular to chop. The lines on those bikes aren't that great because of the tank. Good bikes though if cleaning and syncing 4 carbs isn't a problem for you.. If you intend to modify your bike and turn it into a tracker, cafe, chop, bob, whatever, you'll be much better off with an XS650. There is so much more aftermarket support for them for both original parts and parts for modifications.

Was reading on the XJ site.. It's been a while. Forgot about the second gear problems and shims for adjusting the valves. +2 for the XS650!

Thanks for the information.I have been leaning alot twords the XS but,just found the xj all bobbed out,now I know why it was priced so low.

How low? They are not that bad of bikes and if the price it right, why not get it? Then keep looking for an XS650 if you really want one. If you're not going to buy it, do you have a link to the bike for sale?

That would help,but yeah the XS is way nicer,Now I just have to learn how to work on it,it seems a little different from the motocross bike I have dealt with,also on the Xs where the carb is..is that a velocity stack..why would he run it like that...just wondering.

No it's a 2 into 1 intake that he probably bought from Wiseguy Customs. It's for looks mostly. Make sure he's got it jetted properly and it runs well so you don't have to mess with that carb.

Back