xs1100 carb help

cruzin

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi all, my son has a xs1100 he got a few months back. He has been picking away at getting it running. Today he put the tank on and hooked up the carbs. He found the right side petcock is bad so he capped off it and put a T in the line to supply both carbs. Im wondering if he has the gas lines right. Any time you turn the one petcock to prime it will start pouring gas out the air jets. The bike did not have the vacuum apparatus on the bike to use the type of petcocks that have prime. He hooked the T gas line to the lower line feeding the carbs. He capped off the top T lines that are between 1,2 and 3,4. It will run but only if you switch it to prime for a second or two that back to run or reserve. If you leave it on prime too long gas will start coming out the air jets. He took the carbs off and we verified that needle seats work and floats are good. I seen some others talking about this on the xs11 forum but not being a member thought I would try here as some of the xs650 have vacuum type petcocks also. Any suggestions on getting rid of the gas leaking out of the air jets after a second or so of being on prime would be greatly appreciated.

Hi crusin,
Them top Tees is vents, don't cap 'em.
What particular XS11? Standard/Special/year? All manner of little differences that affect the specifics.
You really should sign up with the XS11 site, it don't cost nothin' eh?

Thanks Fred, I will make sure he un caps those. I believe its 79 but as to model Im not sure.

Back