XS2---StreetTracker slowly coming together

DanW

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally found someone who can bend 3/4" tubing 180 degrees so this weekend I'll be having a rear frame hoop welded on to look like the champion style frame. Once that's done I'll be fabricating a champion style seatpan out of fiberglass which may take a while since I've never done it before. It's been slow progress but fun all the way.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 126
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 134
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 109
Got the subframe "hoop" welded on with a license plate/brake light bracket last week. Now just getting started on fabricating the seat pan--good friend of mine is a fiberglass guru who is actually writing a book on the process and using my bike as an example.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 130
The exhaust is done by Scott Gordon and came out perfect--he's the man! We started forming the seat pan with 1/8 plywood and some cardboard to try and figure out the shape. Its gonna eventually look very close to a champions style seat pan--Nobody sells one for the xs2 so I figured I'd do it myself

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 112
  • photo11.JPG
    photo11.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 92
The pipes are regular steel and I had a local guy do a ceramic coating on them so they will never change color no matter how hot they get

Worked on the seatpan again-- got the foam formed and sanded to the shape I think looks good. Next week we should be laying fiberglass down if I can get some time off work.

Attachments

• photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 83
  • photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 82
  • photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 83
Back