your opinion about hard tail 200 kit?

got to tell ya, your craftsmanship/engineering is amazing!.. I understand the love of old school narrow tire bikes, but there is no denying the illusion of POWER that comes from a wide rear tire. To deny this is to assume that top fuel drag bikes look "gay" or "retarded"... We all know that is B.S.. The fact is that wide rear ends make the average person think "fast". That's the whole point..

But don't misunderstand, I personally prefer the 180/200 look over any. Still, I love the nostalgic period correct look of the 120's etc..

My point is: people have a right to love what they do, but it's stupid to assume that there is no other way or that "their way" is always the "right way".

Keep up the INCREDIBLE engineering!

Think 200 rears look good, think skinny tires look good. Can make most things look good if designed well around it. Build what ya want.

You are asking for opinions so here's mine. Hardtails on a bike that never had a fsactory hardtail is stupid.
Bikes that were produced before sprung rear ends look good with hardtails. That's the way they were built.
Sportster's never had a hardtail, XS650's never had a hardtail. Adding one looks like crap.
Wide tires may look good to some but I prefer a bike that can go around corners.
White wall tires don't belong on anything.
Leo

XS Leo - love that u are not one to hold back your honest opinion. As I got off my hartailed xs this morning after riding down I40 in OKC, I almost agree, hardtails are stupid!

You are asking for opinions so here's mine. Hardtails on a bike that never had a fsactory hardtail is stupid.
Bikes that were produced before sprung rear ends look good with hardtails. That's the way they were built.
Sportster's never had a hardtail, XS650's never had a hardtail. Adding one looks like crap.
Wide tires may look good to some but I prefer a bike that can go around corners.
White wall tires don't belong on anything.
Leo

Leo I was with you there til the very end.............

aero001.jpg

Guess it's a matter of opinion.

hey,
soo i was wondering if i should really go that far lol get that fat tyre :p or not? the tire 350$ and offset around 300$, and fender 100$. was wondering what ya guys think?
ive seen bike the other day with fat tire :) was damn great!!!! is it worth it? be honest with me :) i can take it lol

i mean i do want the bike get hardtail, but was thinking if the difference is 100$ between normal and fat tire, why not.....

ok this is what you do , dont do the jackshaft' it looks mickey call Garyhttp://xs650widetire.webs.com/ he builds a xs offset kit and it looks stock, and you got a nice fatty on the back ,
my opinion you can listen to the boys .... but its your bike so do what ya want love it ride it and take pride you built it, opinions are just that some body's 2 cents :thumbsup:

Well, I was riding down I-77 yesterday and had to crank it up to 85 on my CB750 C to keep up with the traffic when I came across this really cool looking dude on a Harley hard tail with a giant rear tire making a lot of noise in the right hand lane. There aren't many bumps on that section of the interstate, but whenever this cool dude hit a bump on his rear wheel it looked like the whole bike was going to lose it and he had to wiggle the handle bars to keep her straight. I slipped past him with my old mans windshield, highway pegs, back rest and four cylinders pumping out the power to keep me from being run over by the semi behind me and I thought...that's a really a cool looking bike, but it don't belong here on the highway. I gave him the thumbs up...:thumbsup:..as I passed him but all I could see was a look of shear terror in his face, like, he was thinking, this ain't so cool anymore because he had to be doing about 75 when I went passed him and that rear wheel kept jumping off the pavement whenever he hit a bump....:eek:

The price of looking cool...:thumbsup:

hey,
soo i was wondering if i should really go that far lol get that fat tyre :p or not? the tire 350$ and offset around 300$, and fender 100$. was wondering what ya guys think?
ive seen bike the other day with fat tire :) was damn great!!!! is it worth it? be honest with me :) i can take it lol

i mean i do want the bike get hardtail, but was thinking if the difference is 100$ between normal and fat tire, why not.....
OK, I will try to be kind here (for a change. ) First; Spend some money on the important parts , no point in having a giant rear tire and no power to spin it . You never mentioned the engine , so do you have enough HP ?

Another good question is ; How much time have you spent riding a hard-tail ? Have you ridden a bike with a rear tire that looks like a cartoon drawing of a motorcycle ?

There are many ways to customize a bike . Some actually improve the overall performance and look cool as hell .

i like it im building a hard tail right now and running a 21in front avon cobra and 18in avon cobra 200 series still round not flat will roll corners good anything over that probably starting to get flat ha

Back