Yup, another Noob

XSiveForce

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi all. About 2 weeks ago I picked up my first bike in 8 years, a 79 XS 650. It runs beautifully, is in great shape, it has 31 thousand miles on it and I picked it up for a grand. Common sense told me to just ride the Hell out of it but sense is not that common around my place. Rode it about 2 hours as it was when I got it then out with the sawzall.... This is how it was when I picked it up as versus how it be now. Not done of course, still a bit to go but thankfully work is very very slow right now....

Attachments

• Start.jpg
    Start.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 188
  • Now.JPG
    Now.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 230
- love the retro over-ride springs :thumbsup:...dont see these much any more, and when - like the XS1 - theyre often hidden behind gaitors

Yeah, I dig the over-ride springs too. They are just unusual enough to be cool. I kicked around the gaitor idea but when I saw it like this the decision was obvious to me. No gaitors. The forks are from a '67 Suzuki T-20, an old 2 stroke twin, a pretty cool bike too. Damned hard to find parts though. I'm still not sure about the stock tank, it's growing on me but we will see if it stays. I got the wiring all done last night (the bits that make it loud and fast anyway) and fired it up. I need different pipes. Or earplugs. Or both.

Yup, front and rear drum. A bit of a downgrade in brakes but the drum brakes stopped the older bikes OK and I don't think the laws of physics have changed all that much. :D Besides, I love the way they look.

Back