2018 Vintage Yamaha Rally

The VJMC Motorcycle Show is presented by Mike's XS. :thumbsup:

8b6097_617ecee7cd4d4ad1bf8242c8399e58a9~mv2.webp

+
8b6097_e23c37acf6c7498ca85d07b00f630987~mv2.webp

Last edited:
Marty: I hate to bring it up, but the news is crammed full of stories about Hurricane Florence and how it’s going to beat daylights out of the Carolinas.

Obviously, there are far bigger issues here than a bunch of old geezers on wheezers, but do you have any concerns about the weather during / around the VYR?

Pete

..... but do you have any concerns about the weather during / around the VYR?

Pete
Currently, the weather is of no concern to us. Florence is now, the rally is over two weeks away. Robbinsville, NC is a long way inland. Our only concern is the weather aftermath. If you look at the FB photos, in 2008 we all had gas cans. There was no gas. I think that was weather related.

If you live along the coast, please do what you can for your safety!

Last edited:
Okey dokey Marty.

Lakeview, we’d better pack a fuel can or two and fill them up one state north of NC.

Pete

Excellent - thanks for that clip Marty. It was informative and reassuring.

REALLY looking forward to this big ride next week!

Pete

Yepper! Looks to be a great weekend! Got my primitive campsite payed for and getting the gear and the ol ‘81 650 ready! Took it to Mooresville,N.C. twice this year and Wise, Coburne Mtn.,Va. a couple weeks back and ran pretty good, and I live in Chesapeake! Looking forward to being there!

Copied from XS11.com:
VYR Attendees,
I spoke to the owner of the Iron Horse yesterday. Absolutely nothing related to the Hurricane reached the Iron Horse area, a mild shower that's all.

I'll be packing a couple bikes and driving one of the XS11's (which one is yet to be determined). Gonna pack a bunch of spare parts in the event anyone needs a repair. The Van will be loaded to the roof with all the goodies from the contributors and the t-shirts, goodie bags, etc.

Nancy and I are going to be at the IH on TUESDAY! We'll have the van should a roadside assist be needed.

Kurt & Nancy.

If you're coming, you may wish to copy this. It's also on the rally site. For those with reservations, you should have received menu choices from IH.
VYR 2018 Schedule of Events 2.jpg

Attachments

• VYR Restaurant & Destinations v3a.pdf
    679.9 KB · Views: 174
  • VYR 2018 Schedule of Events 2.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
Here is the Iron Horse Dinner Menu for our VYR Rally weekend.
Of course if you are a Registered Guest you have already received this via email. If you are sharing a room please forward your email to your roommate so your roommate can also get meal choices sent in.

If you are an Off Property Rally attendee (like Motel or staying somewhere else) then you will need to get your Menu to the Iron Horse along with setting up a credit card to pay for the Meals.

Remember this is Dinner Menu only. ALL Rally attendees will fill out their Breakfast selections each afternoon or early evening for the next mornings breakfast.
You can either pay cash at that time or charge the Breakfast to your Account on file.

So if you want to eat get your menu selections get emailed back to Iron Horse info@ironhorsenc.com not to me
tongue.gif

AzYdxdZ.png

Riding down from StLouis this weekend. Looking forward to meeting everyone. My thoughts are on gas availability, given the hurricane priority, etc. Where is the 'local' gas station near Iron Horse? I hate bringing fuel cans, but will if it's a good idea.

Back