Wanted - Best place to get used welder?

grantkc

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for a used MIG welder. I'd really like a millermatic 211because I am familiar with it. I am also up to recommendations. Does anyone know a "welder guy" that does repairs on machines and maybe sells a few on the side? Or if anyone has one laying around that they'd like to get rid of? Aluminum set up, like a spool matic, would be a great option but not necessary. Also the dual option of 110v and 220v would be sweet too.

I've looked on Craigslist for a long time but I trust you guys more than the average joe.

I'm not sure that the 211 was dual voltage, the 110 units arent that great anyway though.

You'll probably would be better off finding what you need on the weldweb forums finding a deal. I got my spot welder for a good deal on the Hobart forum.

It is. And it is convenient to have the option in a bind and makes it more portable

Excuse me, I know at least some of them are. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
Another option that i was told about is to contact a local welding contractor (rental) as they bring in used/off lease machines all the time. I wouldn't say a rent-all place is the same, as there machines may get a lot of misuse. But the welding only shops lease out for jobs and sell once returned due to high turn over (business will pay for brand new equipment).

Hey Grant.

Check your local Airgas. Ive worked for them for 2 years, and some do have used machines. Also, Miller just redesigned the 211 so you maybe be able to find the old 211 auto set for cheap! Or check out the multimatic 200!

I found my lincoln at a pawnshop for less than half of new price. Of course I dont know its history, but it didnt seem beat up, and its only problem was thick layer of dust covering it. Its worked fine for me so far.

Back