Fall Riding

An excellent photo,
capturing the best of autumn's wistful mood.

20191018_160826-jpg.152134

Indeed Gary - that photo captures all the ingredients of a very special, memorable and delightful day outdoors.

Thanks,

Pete

For that gas station shot I was trespassing in a private driveway. It was not "KEEP OUT" signed so probably he is fine with photo ops?
A larger view of the area.
View attachment 152149
I do see a "DANGER KEEP OUT" sign.

Well, you managed to get away without buckshot in your hind end.

Pete, you have a penchant for dredging up pictures of sour old ladies.
I'm beginning to worry about you...
;)

Its because I'm a prof and I hang around with a lot of other profs Dude. Many (but not all) of them remind me of a bunch of sour old ladies.

Oh - it just occurred to me....you aren't suggesting that Cheryl Tiegs is a sour old lady, are you? ;)

I just stumbled upon an old posting by Queenlegs (June 29, 2018) which resonates with the mood that I was in when I started this Fall Riding thread.

http://www.xs650.com/threads/new-game-old-garage-photo-w-your-xs.50099/page-10

He stated, "Well it's not a garage and if I'm going 2 break that rule, it' not my xs either. My bad. Way back when I worked at this iron ore smelter which fed hundreds of families. It now stands like a minor chord in a sad country song"

Queens.jpg

...to which RobinC responded, " E minor? "

Wonderful humor offered at nice moment.

There was triple-thick fog the full 3-hour trip from Syracuse to Grand Gorge in the Catskill Mountains, today.
But I brought hours of Black Crowes on CD to keep my brain and soul activated.

Arriving at Mine Kill State Park about noon with the trailer, the haze was just lifting from the oak trees at the entrance, which seemed to be ablaze.

Today.3.jpg

Planted trees appeared as multicoloured lollipops.

Today.2.jpg

I brought Jimi, my '80.

Today.4.jpg

About 2pm on Route 23B near Tannersville. I was in heaven.

Today.jpg

IMG_20191022_100442.jpg
Hoo wee! That’s stunning Jeff! I don’t think you could’ve waited another week to see all of that, it’ll all be gone.
Just beautiful! Thanks for posting!
...curious how far you trailered bike...
...hopefully you rode it around, not just off trailer for pics...
...great pics, kewl..

...yesterday, copper passed me on untrailered, unlicensed bike as i was sneaking around on backroad...whew...left outlaw biker alone...
...really missing use of my trailer for my trials motorcycle, some good riding only done by trailering bike, i understand 100%...

...one more editted note...my favorite trail is 150 miles away and it only 5 miles long...
...bummed i not have way to trailer trials bike out there...
...it is called "5 miles of Hell, or 5moh"...

Last edited:
Back