In 30 million years...

I'm reminded of the fermentation process.

The yeast gobbles up the food, defecating alcohol, until the food's all gone, and the alcohol kills the yeast.

We're getting closer to the distillery stage, and will soon become something's swill...
The acrid stench can knock you over. It will make a maggot gag.

Two days ago a rather futuristic looking man with a strange accent called at my door and asked if I knew where TM lived. Apparently TM has been leaving messages of invitation to him at his work site some 450 metres below ground level...

Refer Entry 14

Last edited:
I take a much more optimistic view of the world.

There is so much pessimism around. Thirty million years is a bit beyond me and maybe we'll have ben hit by an asteroid by then. But I'd say judging by the last 50 years the next 50 are looking pretty rosy.

Last edited:
Two days ago a rather futuristic looking man with a strange accent called at my door and asked if I knew where TM lived. Apparently TM has been leaving messages of invitation to him at his work site some 450 metres below ground level...

Hi Paul,
I thought the Welsh coal mines had mostly been closed in favour of North Sea oil?
True story:-
A fellow apprentice from South Wales told me of a conversation with his coal miner Dad.
Kenny (age 15) "I'm going to drop out of school and start working down the pit"
Dad,(fetching a crowbar from the shed to lightly rap Kenny across his shins)
"the day you go down the pit will be the day I break both your legs."
My hometown of Bristol was full of Welsh-born lawyers, doctors & other professionals
who could tell similar stories.

Fredintoon: A life of coal mining in South Wales was a shitty life, but most had a hard struggle to survive prior to mid-20th Century. Many still do today! By comparison my life has been no worse than a splinter in a thumb. Will 300 Million years change things?

... messages of invitation to him at his work site some 450 metres below ground level...

Haha, sounds about right.

It * does* get pretty deep out here...

No_BS.jpg

Last edited:
Back