My Yamaha XS650 Street tracker Build by olddude13

Where has this build gone?????????? Mate, this bike's gonna be sweet. Hope work ain't overshadowed it too much! Got some similar ideas to my build. Hope to see more soon. Craig

I'm know what you mean about heat, I'm glad I got mine together when it was still reasonably cool outside. But keep us posted, dude!

Some of you guys mentioned the big 40 tooth rear gear will really buzz the motor. One thing to remember is that the 19 inch rear tire is a little taller.

The 19 maybe taller but is it tall enough to make up for 6 teeth on the sprocket?
Leo

Looking wicked! In the new triples that you had machined, did you need a custom stem as well, or is that simply the stock GSXR steering stem pressed/clamped into the new billet triple tree..?

I'm in the process of mocking up my GSXR front end, and it looks like the stem is a fart too short. Did you run into the same issue?

Sent stem to shop where clamps where made, he machined a new one same as xs just longer (runs xs up grade roller bearings)

Last edited:
The springs hold the cans on rather than having bolts to loosen up. Work is still strong so i have to take it when i can ( Home remodeling). will get back to it soon. built and raced a Chumpcar at Nelsons ledges road course a few weeks ago WHAT a blast! we raced for 25 hrs. check out Parnells pub on face book for some race shots. we are now on the hunt for a Bmw 325i or is 1985 -1991 for next chump car. Must have solid body power train can be worn Stick shift is a must.

Attachments

• _1942DSCN2577.jpg
    _1942DSCN2577.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 187
Back