My Yamaha XS650 Street tracker Build by olddude13

Let me know.... i put big one but have quick change hubs so i can switch fairly easy. not trying to set land speed record want low speed power and grunt out of turns

I don't race, so what sprocket size will come out of the corners best is something I don't know.
On my bike with the stock 34 tooth rear comes of the line very well. The 40 tooth will be a rocket of the line.

Wow.............40 tooth rear.............that would be a real stump puller. It would have tremendous acceleration, but don't plan to go much over 50 mph. I had a 36 tooth on the rear and the bike accelerated like crazy, but rpm was too high at 100 kph (62 mph). I believe it was 5twins that recommended a 33 rear, which I now use and it seems to be just right for my type of riding.

how did you mount your handlebars? did you just drill out the factory gsxr tripple tree to accept the risers?

Check posts! not using gsxr clamps new custom clamps are being made. the clamps pictured are mock ups . stock clamps are two narrow for calipers to clear spokes.

Check posts! not using gsxr clamps new custom clamps are being made. the clamps pictured are mock ups . stock clamps are two narrow for calipers to clear spokes.

I have read all your posts....I just misunderstood what was said. I new that you where waiting for custom clamps, to clear the spokes. I didnt realize the handle bars where just sitting their....

Just made bracket to hold cans, starting on bracket to frame brace and just made aluminum end caps with stainless tips to day.Also to day i got Vance and Hines spring pipe holder kit 10 springs 8 big and 2 smaller good deal. Part number 280780 or v22523

Little more work on cans installed spring holders/anchors, and secured machined caps to cans with three cap screws per end. will use small spring set for pipe slip joint near head.

Attachments

• IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 319
Got to work on tank to day, had to change tunnel tank sat at an angle going to have it welded and also added 22mm fuel bungs. I do not like the npt set up.
Also some shots of muffler hanger and bracket. Gonna forgo stainless tips for now..any opinions?

Attachments

• IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 303
Muffler bracket and clamp......All this stuff takes sooooomuch time!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 357
Man, those pipes are GREAT (along with the rest of the build). A tip of the brain bucket to you, sir!

My ST has finished its first phase but visions of USD forks etc have been dancing in my head.

Thanks! My work has picked up, but will try to keep up with project. I installed clamps last night, gotta make bar clamps, and machine the brake rotor spacers ( they are all ready made) but need to be sized now that i have clamps. new tank tunnel is welded and ready for center bolt.

Back