Post the most RECENT pic of you on your BIKE

As an aside, this is me today on my Honda.

IMG_6531.jpg

That your Guzzie that went down jetmechmarty?................... If you had been wearing pretty shoes and jacket like the NY style you wouldn't be here to tell the Tale. These are good pics for a safety add

That is the remains of my Guzzi. It's a pretzel. I caught a lot of guff for wearing a half helmet to the scene of an accident. Fact is, I didn't know I was going to an accident or I would not have got on the bike at all, much less without body armor. I got lucky. You place your bet and roll the dice!

Yup - on the ST Owners group, there is an ongoing raging debate about ABS (most of those big gals have it) with some guys saying that they can do a much better job than ABS because they're quicker than the system when something happens. Others will bring up some implausible story about how they can stop faster on sand without ABS. That may very well be, but I doubt that many people on an ST would ever ride in sand and ANYONE who rides a Honda ST1100 or ST1300 (or any large powerful road bike) in sand is simply....nuts.

Frankly, the business about quicker reactions is also total bunk - the ABS system cycles many times per second - which is orders of magnitude quicker than any human being could ever react. Besides, when you need ABS - it is always an emergency and thus, it is always a surprise. In fact, that's a good definition of an emergency - an unpleasant surprise, that could kill you: "St. Peter, if I had known that moose (or kangaroo for Mick and Skull) was going to wander out in front of me in the rain, I would have never left the house, or at least I'd have taken an alternate route."

Same thing with protective gear - if you knew in advance when you'd need it - you wouldn't need it at all.

Anyhow, this debate will never end, I suspect.

Yamaha77 I stuck to your rules and contributed only what the thread title was. But since you have inserted an aside, is the thread now open to other pictures.
If so I have a Suzuki, a Harley, a BMW. . . . . If you are going to be all pissy assed about people posting about non-topic items shouldn't you practice what you preach?

Hey I think thats valid and I dont mind one bit. Any conversation is good as long as there is a prevailing spirit of civility.

Nice bike - really like the exhaust system Jessee!

...the Yamaha in the background could use a little air though....

One more thing about the ATGATT, after wreck in June. While my closest friends were giving me crap about my helmet choice, one of them gifted me a brand new full face helmet! It's good to have friends who care.

In keeping on topic, my 650 is in the middle with another questionable safety item hanging from it.
0416160900a_zpsqkjhmwv7.jpg

I still dig the red shoes!

Nice bike - really like the exhaust system Jessee!

...the Yamaha in the background could use a little air though....
Thanks! I picked it up from a member here. Ascot pipes with dyna mufflers. I ended up cutting the tip and getting the baffle and cat out, replacing it with a different baffle and packing. A lot of fabing to mount, hopefully the end sound will be worth it. Don't even get me started on that pig in the background. She's been getting some serious neglect

Most recent picture of my bike. Still getting everything buttoned up

10y2t81.jpg

One more thing about the ATGATT, after wreck in June. While my closest friends were giving me crap about my helmet choice, one of them gifted me a brand new full face helmet! It's good to have friends who care.

In keeping on topic, my 650 is in the middle with another questionable safety item hanging from it.
0416160900a_zpsqkjhmwv7.jpg

VERY snazzy helmet Marty - sort of Tora Tora Tora meets Main St.

I assume that chain doesn't sling any oil! (or was that a photo session only) Will your bride get on board dressed in similar fashion?

No the chain doesnt sling any oil at all. In re the outfit, It was simply a photo shoot. Long story. But nope, my bike runs pretty clean. Except today I noticed poor acceleration (on the honda) and one of the exhaust pipes does not get hot at ALL. Changing the plugs tomorrow. I put a LOT of MMO in the gas tank and maybe that gummed something up.

Tell me about your crash?! Every here has alluded to it, but I havent heard any details.

That's nice! Very clean, simple and tastefully done. Would you mind a couple of questions?

- how does it handle with the big knobby-like tires (particularly on the front)?

- which bike did the forks come from - and were they an easy swap?

Pete

Pic today of my 650...and soon to fire up the front right machine... 10" of snow today.

20170105_095020 (1).jpg

Back