Shops and Garages

crash

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
This is what we work out of. Lets see yours.

Attachments

• 100_3540.jpg
    100_3540.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 590
  • 100_3542.jpg
    100_3542.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 521
  • 100_3549.jpg
    100_3549.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 533
That's looks pretty nice! I with I had a place to work like that. My "shop" is my two car garage. I'll see if have any pictures.

Here's a short montage of the shop my father and I just put up this week. Going to be my metal working area, super stoked!

I know NOTHING about construction, I just don't do it. So here was a good project for my Dad to help me learn some stuff.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

It was a great thing to work on, got a lot done. The only things I have to do now is make some hinges for the doors and get those mounted. Then I can cut the door into the main shop and I'll be able to move all my stuff in.

A few notes about the shop- The wall on the left side has an opening for another window, we didn't have a window yet, so it's just covered with plywood for now.
The outside will eventually be painted the same color as the rest of the house, that's just a primer.
Why white/cream colored on the inside? Two reasons, one it will reflect light really well and look brighter inside, and two we had about 5 partially used gallons of paint in the garage and when we mixed them all together this is the color we got :)

That's pretty cool! You can never have too much space. What's the size of the addition? What are you going to put in there as far as tools? Will it be a drop from the main shop to that addition once you get the hole cut?

It's a 10x20 space, basically a single car garage, but it'll house my motorcycle projects just fine.

It is going to be a drop from the main shop, I'm just going to build a little set of stairs down.

Tools will be all my metalworking tools from my old place in bend, hopefully get some electrical outlets installed and put my overhead light in as well, Can't wait to get everything in! Got the doors on today so I'll post those pics later.

Here's what I'm working with. These pics are from a couple of months ago.. Now there are a lot less bikes and the work benches are picked up a little bit. The engine rack has more motors in it now.

garage01.jpg

garage02.jpg

garage03.jpg

garage04.jpg

garage05.jpg

This is a picture from last winter when I just finished this engine rack.
engineshelf.jpg

kegerator01.jpg

kegerator02.jpg

I work out of my one car garage at home.... :D

Attachments

• chopper build 007.jpg
    chopper build 007.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 436
  • chopper build 003.jpg
    chopper build 003.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 466
  • chopper build 004.jpg
    chopper build 004.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 491
My shop is my Dining room. Thats my microwave , jewelry bench, tool boxes and engine bench in the background. My laptop is at the kitchen table where I can see my TV and my Ducati and HardKnock by the fireplace..lol.
120233.jpg

282.jpg

12-18-09027.jpg

I'm lucky enough to work in motorcycle shop..so I do my welding and major work down there on the weekends...but most planning teardown and final assembly go on right here in my kitchen.

All but the FZ6 and the silver scooter. I've sold a couple since then and have a couple in storage so I have some room to get around.

Heres my 2 car attached garage that rarely sees any of my cars in, unless its oil change time.
Seeing as how it is attached, I dont do much welding with my miller 180. A majority of my heavy welding is done at work. Cool thing bout this house, is that the original biulder did construction, and worked on backhoe buckets, and wired in a 240 outlet.
You will also see my 2003 suzi marauder, and my brothers 1987 suzy intruder. (near mint)
Also, see my ecclectric collection of cast-away cabinets, a HF polisher, and lots of overhead lights. :thumbsup:and my crappy 12 gallon compressor, cant paint with it, the filters busted off.
DSC02220-vi.jpg

DSC02219-vi.jpg

DSC02217-vi.jpg

DSC02216-vi.jpg

DSC02213-vi.jpg

Angus, I have the same HF buffing wheel (I think we discussed that already) and I have the same aluminum craftsman jack. I had to buy that one because it was the only one that went low enough to fit under my project.

Back