Texas Members

New Kid here, from the Village of San Antonio.

I got rid of my 82, 750 Virago about 2 years ago. Kicking myself for that NOW, looking to build an XS Bobber, just gotta sell off some VW projects for funding.

downtown San Antonio, checking in.

I'm in the middle of a project. The engine is about to go back together, hardtail is finished, a few new parts are on the way, but I'm still undecided on tank choice. There's much left to do, though.

Austin Tx here

Currently have: 76' XS650 Barn find / not running yet, 74 TX650 Stock, 83 XS650 Flat Tracker set up, Stock 83 XS650, 81 XS650 Street Tracker set up, Brat Build in the final stages, and a Hard Tail frame ready to go getting engine mocked up this week.

where my Austin homies at?

GoldToothGarage and xjwmx --
I am also Austin. I'd like to meet you both. PMs sent.

I also have a pretty big collection of XS650s -- 2 daily riders, a broke-down brat build, several barn finds, and a few extra motors.

I'd make the drive to atx for a meetup. I only have photos to show and tell until the project is done, though.

Awesome. I'm thinking the mid to end of feb for the ride. Maybe shoot up some twisty roads for a bit. Hit some kick ass BBQ and then cruise back to town for more bullshitting / braging on how cool our shit is. Maybe a little swap meet at my place after if yall are into it. Keg and more grilling action. Info coming soon. Just gauging intrest at the moment

Now ya peaked my interest. Swap meet. My son's build is going slow. Swap meet sounds like a great way to find some parts. I might ride the VTX out to scoot with y'all if you'll allow a Honda in the pack.

Sounds like it would be something worth doing, NO bike as of yet but would be up for meetin some of ya, beer and BBQ oh yeah PARTS TOO BOOT !!!

Count me IN !!

I have a few boxes of stock parts that are not going back on my bike. I'll definitely bring them up for a swap meet. send me a PM with specific requests (and check my ad).

Also, if anyone in the San Antonio area wants to meet up for some wrenching and bs'ing before an Atx night, let me know. I'm just south of downtown, near The Hog Stand. They have car/bike nights but I've yet to attend. I might be selling my old truck, too, so the bike needs to be ridable, and soon.

avenue.

Beautiful day in Austin. Just got the old flat tracker out fot a spin. Meeting up with a few local guys to plan the best day for the meet/ride/swap. Sunday Feb. 19th or 26th. Any thoughts

For what it's worth, Saturdays work best for me. That way I can plan to stay in town for the evening and not worry about getting back at a certain time for the work week.

Also, if anyone in Atx or SA (or anywhere in between) has a set of complete stock fork tubes up for grabs, please let me know. I friend of mine is on the hunt.

over and out,
avenue.

Austin must be the xs650 capital of the world, with Babaroo, WI close behind.

4bikes.jpg

On Thursday I rode to GoldTooth's place and saw his collection -- he has some very nice XS650s. We are just 4 miles from each other.
On Friday, GoldTooth rode to my place, and I took the picture of 4 of our running XS650s.
On Sunday, GoldTooth and I are going to ride out to meet xjwmx at City Park on 2222 (Emma Long Park).
It would be really cool to organize all of the Austin XS650 people.

That's a lot of bikes guys!

Anyone want to sell me oneofnthose pre-80 barn finds?
54 inches, I exaggerated -- my "barn finds" are more like "open field" finds -- they are pretty rough. Yes, I would be willing to sell you one, but be aware that the instant that an XS650 enters the Austin city limits that it doubles in value. In my opinion, Austin has the most inflated vintage bike prices of anywhere in the country.

Dont think we can organize this any faster than a month away. I would like to set up monthy XS rides. For now im just trying to get a solid group that are all down and make this happen.

Sunday is a pretty good day for a ride. Due to most people having off work and sunday being the day a lot of people reserve for doing bike stuff.

Back